[SOLVED] Please Help!!

Sep 7, 2020
Specs
Ryzen 3600x
Rx 5700
750 w Corsair 80+ gold
16gb XPG adata 3600mhz
Asus x570 tuf gaming wifi

my build has been working for mo the now but the surge protector my computer was plugged into was accidentally turned off than back on quickly and it seems to have screwed my pc up, I cleared cmos as well as change the cmos battery, all the fans and rgb is working but it will not boot and no diagnostic lights working either.

Solution
Deffintely not possible to fix the motherboard, they are the most fickle of all the components, once they go, they go.

Sounds like you found the culprit, you have a really nice power supply so im still a little worried as to how this happened, hopefully was just a bad motherboard and not something to do with your house

bishopi5

Distinguished
Are you SURE it was accidently turned off?

These surge protectors are built to shut off in the invent of anything weird happening to prevent further damage, turning it back on straight away will certainly not help this siutation

Try another power switch in your house, If the motherboard still won't come to life we have to figure out if its the Power Supply or motherboard at fault

Sep 7, 2020

These surge protectors are built to shut off in the invent of anything weird happening to prevent further damage, turning it back on straight away will certainly not help this siutation

Try another power switch in your house, If the motherboard still won't come to life we have to figure out if its the Power Supply or motherboard at fault

I did test the power supply by itself and It still powered all my fans and rgb, including the rgb on the motherboard itself, and I can try another surge protector but I also attempted to plug it into the wall directly with no results. And yes there was 2 distinct clicks of the surge protector being turned off and immediately turning back on by my brother who accidentally did it. We were not experiencing any power surge issues when this happened.

Sep 7, 2020

Ok well if you have tried another power source and same issue, the next thing to do is try another power supply. even a crap one just remove some components so its now drawing much power
I completely took out my power supply and put it in a different system and it worked like it’s supposed to, I then switched my cpu and put it in another system and I worked like it’s supposed to, and then I switched the ram out and tested it in another system and it worked like usual. I guess that means its the motherboard but I’m confused why just simply flipping the surge protector off and on again would screw the motherboard over that much and I was also wondering if it’s possible to fix the motherboard by clearing cmos or smth cause I replaced the cmos battery and reset cmos by holding the screwdriver to the to cmos pins on the motherboard.

bishopi5

Distinguished
Deffintely not possible to fix the motherboard, they are the most fickle of all the components, once they go, they go.

Sounds like you found the culprit, you have a really nice power supply so im still a little worried as to how this happened, hopefully was just a bad motherboard and not something to do with your house

Solution