[SOLVED] Please help!

Feb 24, 2021
I've tried everything I know how to try and fix my computer but it's just not working! I'm hoping that you guys could help me diagnose this problem so that I could fix it. I started getting blue screens a couple of days ago but it wasn't as bad as it is now. I figured I would update my windows and Nvidia drivers and even clean and reapply thermal paste on my cpu and gpu. Usually this would be the basic fix to my basic problem (or so I thought). I kept getting hit with blue screens with different stop codes. At this time, however, I was still able to surf the web for a couple of minutes before my computer came crashing so the only thing I could think of was updating my BIOS drivers. I went to MSI drivers for my motherboard and downloaded the latest BIOS driver. After installing the new drivers, my pc isn't even letting me into windows anymore before it just completely crashes. I don't know what to do or even how to fix it anymore. I'm at a total lost. Please help!

Some stop codes I've gotten: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, INTERRUPT EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,etc

PC SPECS: Motherboard: Z170-A-PRO, CPU: I5-6600K, GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB

I've tried everything I know how to try and fix my computer but it's just not working! I'm hoping that you guys could help me diagnose this problem so that I could fix it. I started getting blue screens a couple of days ago but it wasn't as bad as it is now. I figured I would update my windows and Nvidia drivers and even clean and reapply thermal paste on my cpu and gpu. Usually this would be the basic fix to my basic problem (or so I thought). I kept getting hit with blue screens with different stop codes. At this time, however, I was still able to surf the web for a couple of minutes before my computer came crashing so the only thing I could think of was updating my BIOS drivers. I went to MSI drivers for my motherboard and downloaded the latest BIOS driver. After installing the new drivers, my pc isn't even letting me into windows anymore before it just completely crashes. I don't know what to do or even how to fix it anymore. I'm at a total lost. Please help!

Some stop codes I've gotten: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, INTERRUPT EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED,etc

PC SPECS: Motherboard: Z170-A-PRO, CPU: I5-6600K, GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB
So now you are no longer able to get to windows after updating bios?

itsdigger

Reputable
Jan 11, 2018
It's stuck in a repair loop.
I would shut the comp down , unplug it from the wall , hold down the power on button for 15 seconds , remove the CMOS battery . Leave the battery out for a few minutes . Reinstall the battery and boot up.

This is what happens. I've been able to get into safe mode with internet access one time but when I try doing a system recovery, it crashes almost instantly.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlzZU-85aP4&feature=youtu.be
May be you need to use usb with image file to fix it.
I would shut the comp down , unplug it from the wall , hold down the power on button for 15 seconds , remove the CMOS battery . Leave the battery out for a few minutes . Reinstall the battery and boot up.
Yes but no rmove battery hold power for 30s x2 reaeat battery... "Well psu is unplugged"

Feb 24, 2021
Even if it gets me out of the repair loop, I still have the problem of my computer crashing every 10 seconds. I'll try to take out the battery and see what happens. Ill update you.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Those bsod are often indicative of the cpu not getting requested power. That can very well be caused by a failing cpu after its sustained enough damage from an incorrectly applied OC, motherboard VRM's could be failing or the psu could be failing.

Until resolved, I'd ignore the OC profile entirely, stick with default settings other than bumping your DDR voltage from 1.184v to 1.2v

Feb 24, 2021
Those bsod are often indicative of the cpu not getting requested power. That can very well be caused by a failing cpu after its sustained enough damage from an incorrectly applied OC, motherboard VRM's could be failing or the psu could be failing.

Until resolved, I'd ignore the OC profile entirely, stick with default settings other than xmp.
Do I turn XMP on or off?

Feb 24, 2021
Ahhh yeah enable xmp
So I've done everything that you and everyone in this post has suggested but after exiting the bios I immediately got hit with a blue screen that said BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG. It's doing pretty much the same thing it was doing before. I'm at a lost. I'd rather sell the computer parts but I don't even know which one of them is bad.

Feb 24, 2021
So I've done everything that you and everyone in this post has suggested but after exiting the bios I immediately got hit with a blue screen that said BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG. It's doing pretty much the same thing it was doing before. I'm at a lost. I'd rather sell the computer parts but I don't even know which one of them is bad.
EDIT: Now its giving me the SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED blue screen when I tried to boot it in safe mode

Feb 24, 2021
Oh whoa whoa oh i thought you said you updated you bios that is not updated....
No so what happened was that I started getting blue screen out of no where. When I searched it up on the internet, people kept telling me to update my drivers. So I did. I updated my nvidia graphics card driver and my windows drivers. Even after doing all of that, I still kept getting blue screens. I figured might as well download an updated version of my bios as well. (https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z170-A-PRO). After I installed it, I couldn't even get into windows anymore before it crashes. I'm guessing its a corrupted bios driver but I dont know how to fix it.

itsdigger

Reputable
Jan 11, 2018
This is very confused now...
Let's start over and only follow what we are doing here. Don't mix it up with Reddit or any other forum as it just confuses everything.

Reset the BIOS as before by shutting down , disconnect from the power source, hold down the power button to disperse any residual electricity, pull the CMOS battery leave it out for a few minutes . Put the CMOS back in and boot up. After booting up, flash the BIOS.

Feb 24, 2021
This is very confused now...
Let's start over and only follow what we are doing here. Don't mix it up with Reddit or any other forum as it just confuses everything.

Reset the BIOS as before by shutting down , disconnect from the power source, hold down the power button to disperse any residual electricity, pull the CMOS battery leave it out for a few minutes . Put the CMOS back in and boot up. After booting up, flash the BIOS.
Ok. I've taken out the battery and held down the power button. the battery's been out for a couple of minutes now. When you say flash the BIOS, you mean download my motherboards bios driver into a flash drive and install it in the bios right? If you, which one do I even choose? My motherboard is the Z170A-PRO. There are so many to choose from (https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z170-A-PRO#down-bios). I've already tried installing version 7971v1K and version 1.4. The reason why my computer started a repair loop was because I installed the version 7971v1k.

EDIT: OK I guess I was downloading the wrong BIOS driver for my system. I think its this page instead. (https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/z170a-pc-mate)