Question Please help

Aug 14, 2022
Hello beautiful community!
I’ve recently build my own medium gaming system , but I’m having issues every single time when I turn off the computer . When I try to turn it on my monitor won’t turn on , keep saying that “no cable connection “
I tried to switch the Rams , checked wires, gpu , bios battery but nothing sorts .
Somehow I managed to sort it ,but when I turn the computer off and trying to start it , again my monitor won’t start . Any ideas please 😢😢😢

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

How is the computer normally shut down? Are you using the Windows power icon to shutdown?

Have you tried using another known working video cable between computer and monitor?

Reactions: kurdtnz
Aug 14, 2022

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

How is the computer normally shut down? Are you using the Windows power icon to shutdown?

Have you tried using another known working video cable between computer and monitor?
All the components are brand new
I’m normally shutting my computer from icon , not from button . Here’s my setup

ASUS TUF B450M-Pluss II mobo
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
16GB Corsair Vengeance @3200 Mhz
All those came as a bundle then I have ;

500GB m2 SSD Samsung (still got half memory available)
NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ventus ( this one I bought it as second hand but have been tested so many times and working properly)
750W power supply

Aug 14, 2022

Also I tried other cables HDMI even Digital , my monitor still won’t turn on

Ralston18

Titan
To start:

Ensure that all important data is backed up at least 2 x to locations off of the problem computer. Verify that the backups are recoverable and readable.

= = = =

While the computer is running look in Reliability History and Event Viewers for any error codes, warnings, or informational events that may have been logged when any of the cited problems occurred.

Run the built in Windows Troubleshooters. The Troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also try "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image