Sep 28, 2011
I am trying to put together a system with:
Asus m2npv-vm mother board
thermaltake tr2-430 power supply
8gb's memory
Ati xt1900 video card
cd rom,cd-dvd,floppy drive
Barracuda 7200.12 Sata 3gb/s 750 gb hard drive

Here's the problem- I hit the start button cou fan starts going sounds like cds initiate then
it sounds like hard drive starts to go and every thing stops.
I don,t know if this hard drive takes jumpers it came with out.
Please can some one help.!!!!!!

Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums!

You have a SATA hard drive, and SATA drives do not need jumpers (jumpers are for the older IDE drives).

When you startup the computer, repeatedly press the appropriate key (Delete? F2?) per your motherboard manual and get into the BIOS. Then set the boot priority to boot from the hard disk first. The instructions at the bottom of the BIOS screen will tell you how to do this. Save and exit. The computer will restart and should now startup from the hard disk.

lakehunter20012

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums!

You have a SATA hard drive, and SATA drives do not need jumpers (jumpers are for the older IDE drives).

When you startup the computer, repeatedly press the appropriate key (Delete? F2?) per your motherboard manual and get into the BIOS. Then set the boot priority to boot from the hard disk first. The instructions at the bottom of the BIOS screen will tell you how to do this. Save and exit. The computer will restart and should now startup from the hard disk.

Daniel here:
I am so thankful for your help but the system does not stay on enough to put anything on screen.
It goes on for a few seconds and goes off.
Please keep trying.
Thank you very much.

Daniel here:
I am so thankful for your help but the system does not stay on enough to put anything on screen.
It goes on for a few seconds and goes off.
Please keep trying.
Thank you very much.
First, make sure that all connections are secure and mated well. The 24-pins and the 8-pins connectors must be mated and latches engaged. The 24-pins connector is kinda hard to plug in. Then try re-booting the computer.

Is there another PSU that you can try out? The symptoms you describe point to PSU problems.