Rene_Voodoo

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2003
I´m getting crazy with these VGA card´s specifications. Please, someone tell me... I couldn´t get an answer after weeks on web sites. I don´t know the difference between GeForce FX 5600 and GeForce FX 5600 Ultra, someone and explain me? I just bought one GeForce FX 5600 and I don´t know if this is Ultra or not!! Thanks who could help me!!

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
If you bought it retail, the box should DEFINITELY state whether its an ultra our not. The big deal is whether you bought an Ultra rev 1 or Ultra revison 2. You can only tell by th the specs of the Memory and the GPU core clock frequency. I don't remember the exact specs on the FreForce FX 5600 Ultra revisonn 2, I think 400/400. I'll go check though. Also, it doesn't matter which FX card you bought because they are all total crap at DX9 performance. I highly reccomend you send that FX booard and get a Radeon 9600 Pro for cheaper. It will also be much faster in DX9 games. I'll post the link to the benchmarks pretty soon, if I don't forget.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!