Please list games that you think have good stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

syn1kk

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
Hey everyone out there. I just wanted to see what everyone thought were games that had good stories.

By good I mean that they were at least semi-original. I know lots of games have good stories but they are soo cliched that they shouldn't count (*). And I guess something important too is that you felt like you believed it definately...

I guess it will be hard to get serious responses on something like this though =P. (no trolls plz. and dont bother listing cliched)

-------

So far I guess I would say FF7 is one of them. Feel free to add.

-------

(*) Any FF game after FF7 fits into this category. Any resident evil game after RE2 fits into this category. Any tactical shooter after Rainbow Six the first. etc etc.

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006
The original No-One Lives Forever was pretty good. The plot was cliched (it's a James Bond p*ss-take), but it's very entertaining and there's some hilarious moments in the game if you eavesdrop on the henchmen.

lcdguy

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
i found the storylines in the following games fun and well done but some were a bit cliched.

Max Payne
max Payne 2
Deus Ex (not the second one)
Freespace 1 and 2
Wingcommander
Farcry
Halflife 1 and 2

Lizardfuel72

Distinguished
May 10, 2006
Imperial Galactica, Robot made to save mankind placed into a position where he didn't know what he was. Of course the basic principle "evil race from outside the galaxy threatens all" remained the same.

G

I can second every listing until now; some additions though:

Fahrenheit
Baldurs Gate
Fallout 1&2

dagonoth

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
I really liked the story to Final Fantasy X although X-2 was horrendous and annoying.

Resident evil 4 has a good storyline and also the most innovative game design I've seen in awhile.

Knyte

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
I agree with just about all others listed, especially FF7 and The Fallout Series.

A couple of my choice pics, not yet listed:

Knights Of The Old Republic

Wing Commander III + IV

Suikoden

Metal Gear Solid (The sequels were just too weird storywise, this one was out there, but still compelling.)

Neverwinter Nights (The original campaign)

burn-e86

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
I agree with the above ones
also vietcong had a pretty good story line, lest thats what i thought
oblivion was pretty good
does starcraft have a good story line? i've heard good things about it but never bothered playing
pacman had a compelling storyline that was an emotional rollercoaster :wink:
dreamfall was pretty much just a storyline
good old point and click games had to have good storylines otherwise they wouldn't sell

Lamy

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Deux Ex
No One Lives Forever
Diablo 2 (the first time I had this crazy dream because I wanted to kill Diablo so badly... yea im a nerd...)
Age of Mythlogy (because I like all things greek and roman... like I said a nerd...)

Cant think of much more right now

smittyhotep

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
I'll probably get flamed to death for this, but; i felt DoW and its little expancion had a descent story line to them, i never got into the whole games with dice and books thing, but as RTS games go, i liked them and cant wait for the new expancion. 2 more armies in the mix, sounds cool to me.

tdubbers

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
The original Legacy of Kain, excellent story, fantastic FMV sequences to move the story along, a great epic. Didn't really like the follow up games.

ALANMAN

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Is this thread only for PC games? If not, I will be the first (and only) to say that, In my opinion Sonic Adventure 2 (dreamcast) has a great storyline. Its also the LAST good Sonic game ever made.

DC G4/\/\3R 4L!f3

fredgiblet

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
In no particular order:

Deus Ex (First one, second wasn't bad, but...)
Planescape: Torment (IMHO one of the all around best games ever)
System Shock 2 (never played 1 but I've heard it's just as good)
Baldur's Gate series (You can actually get a mod that let's you play through 1, 1's expansion, 2 and 2's expansion in one sitting)
Fallout 1 and 2
Morrowind (The actual story isn't that great, but the world is rich in backstory if you like to read)
Freespace 1 and 2
Final Fantasy 6 (or 3 if you want to get American about it)

I could probably think of others, but that's it for now.

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Guys,

I'd like to setup a FarCry network game with a friend of mine over the net. What program can I use to get this right? How would I go about it? What's the best way to setup the network between us so that when we go into the game, we'll see each other on the same network. I've tried Hamachi but it is REALLY slow. Let me know!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.