Please No: Another DOOM Movie On The Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Yeah but see Uwe Boll made the Postal movie. How could you go wrong?

G

"The Rock's character goes around shooting everything in sight, the barrel of his gun sticking suggestively up from the bottom of the screen," TIME said."

Umm, no. just no. wrong. Did they even watch the movie? It was Karl Urban's character.

4745454b

Titan
I actually liked the doom movie. For me the biggest problem with it was that whole genetic engineering thing. I've always wondered if I saw the same movie as everyone else however and I'm starting to think I didn't. I have proof.

"The Rock's character goes around shooting everything in sight, the barrel of his gun sticking suggestively up from the bottom of the screen," TIME said. "It's like the audience as a whole is playing DOOM on a really big screen."

Actually in the version I saw it was Reaper who did this, he was looking for his sister. Sarge/The Rock had already started turning at this point. While I don't think the movie was great (3 out of 5? 7 out of 10?) it doesn't deserve the negative press that it got. More so if that press can't even keep the characters straight.

FrozenGpu

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
^+1 @ 4745454b nailed it, I concur 100% w/ how it got bad press that I honestly think was a bit undeserving. The fact the press didn't get the characters straight makes me think they didn't pay enough attention to it, maybe they shouldn't have reviewd it. :\

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
The Rock's character becomes "infected" and is killed... he's not the one in "game mode" of the movie.

The movie was okay... could have been better, seen worse.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Seriously? G.I. Joe was the worst piece of crap movie ever. I watched it steaming on Netflix and not only was I so happy I didn't waste what is now a ton of money to see it at the theater, I was glad that I didn't waste one of my dvd mailings on it. I'd rather watch Doom than G.I. Joe any day.

And Kevin, how embarrassing for you. You should probably watch a movie before you comment on the characters actions.

Lastly, yes I liked the first-person scene, but I didn't think it was too short at all. Making it longer would have been a mistake. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who started to feel a little sick towards the end of that scene. I would have been ok with two or three sequences throughout the film, but not a longer one.

vicsrealms

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
I thought it was a fun movie. Of course I didn't go in expecting it to be up to par with some of the best action movies out there. Nonetheless, it was a fun movie that you just had to leave your brain at the door to enjoy. As for who was running around in FPS style, it was Urban and not the Rock. Kind of hope they continue off the first one, and bring Urban back into it. Still, I will give it a chance.

sticks435

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
[citation][nom]DaddyW123[/nom]And Kevin, how embarrassing for you. You should probably watch a movie before you comment on the characters actions.[/citation]
Your kinda like the press, you don't really pay attention either. Kevin didn't say this, he was quoting the TIME review.

"The Rock's character goes around shooting everything in sight, the barrel of his gun sticking suggestively up from the bottom of the screen," TIME said

pclee

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
I thought DOOM was a fun movie...but like the article says "Fanboys loved it." I didn't love it, but i certainly liked it. I mean...is there a real compelling story in the computer game? No...it's just a bunch of gory weirdness and horror.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
^ Prince of Persia wasn't bad at all, i've played several of the games series since the old one back in the windows 95 days. I loved that movie, not sure if it was based off a game, but none the less it keeps you watching it.

Besides that, i actually liked doom, n the FPS perspective of it was amazing, and actually if they had more of it or made it longer man that would of been awesome, but none the less i like it.

Best video game to movie conversion IMO was Hitman. That was seriously not too bad IMO. It is true that he vast majority of video games do NOT make good movies. Doom was not the worst, but is it really worth giving it another shot? It isn't even a current game franchise FFS.

G

Wolfenstein 3D. Need I say more? Ok, how about... Duke Nukem Forever: The movie!
But honestly, I'd settle for the breakfast cereal or flamethrower.

peteyfro87

Distinguished
May 31, 2010
It was sooo bad that when they said 'No one gets out alive' I thought they meant from the Cinema.

It could of been a great movie if they hadn't lost their nerve. The genetic engineering plot line was a cop out because they hadn't got the nerve to use HELL as the story in case it upset the religious fraternity.

But, hey, the game had already done that anyway so perhaps the sequel can utilise the DOOM folklore and give fans what they really wanted.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
[citation][nom]Yuka[/nom]If the main characters don't travel to hell itself and fight Satan, it ain't no DOOM movie at all. Starts on the Moon, ends in Hell.Hopefully they get the idea this time.Cheers![/citation]

LoL! You mean Venus?

Status
Not open for further replies.