Question Please Please HELP With Low Framerate!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 16, 2019
@Mahisse hey man (or woman) my reply to you just disappeared so I’ll write once more.

I tried going back to the previous driver but alas, the same performance...

I tried something- I removed all software related to OC and monitoring and for some reason my driver went from DCH to standard( up till now it was DCH).

Other than that I did go back with a restore point and it changed nothing so, I believe this problem went on for quite some time and I just started noticing it recently

Mahisse

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2012
Honestly, the question is also if you were seeing things that weren't there in the first place. Perhaps the game was updated when you noticed a difference in FPS or you looked in another direction upon loading, or your CPU was doing tasks in the background the second time you loaded the game. I know you say you also had it in benchmarks but I'm just throwing it in there as well.

Did you completely remove the GPU driver using a driver cleaner tool and try to reinstall the driver on a reboot?
There are many things that could have caused a worse performance. Even an update of a driver/BIOS can sometimes turn out to provide worse performance than older drivers. It happens.
I have to agree if you really want to solve this issue and get to the bottom of it you should do a complete reinstall of the system.

Nov 16, 2019
Honestly, the question is also if you were seeing things that weren't there in the first place. Perhaps the game was updated when you noticed a difference in FPS or you looked in another direction upon loading, or your CPU was doing tasks in the background the second time you loaded the game. I know you say you also had it in benchmarks but I'm just throwing it in there as well.

Did you completely remove the GPU driver using a driver cleaner tool and try to reinstall the driver on a reboot?
There are many things that could have caused a worse performance. Even an update of a driver/BIOS can sometimes turn out to provide worse performance than older drivers. It happens.
I have to agree if you really want to solve this issue and get to the bottom of it you should do a complete reinstall of the system.
@Mahisse
About gpu: yeah, I think I removed everything.. I used DDUs option “clean and restart” isn’t it removing the driver completely?

about reinstallation :
Sure, I’ll do just that
I’m certain that in the Witcher I’m in the same spot looking in the same direction and the frameramte shouldn’t be lower by 20 frames.
Something changed..
Once I complete the reinstall, should I look for something else?

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019
@Mahisse , @COLGeek

Hey fellas!
I'm back with some news..
I did clean reinstall the windows and the problem remains..so it was no software issue or my previous changes to the registry..
What should I try next?
I did check for stability in the Gpu and its completely fine, Cpu had some spikes but overall no bottleneck...
the framerate I'm getting now in Unigine Heaven Is the same I used to get when my gpu wasnt OCed ( 119.6 )...

Nov 16, 2019
Are you sure you're not using some settings that are different than what you previously used?
Hey!
Nope, same settings- 100% certain..
So I RMAed my gpu, after multiple tests they said its fine and further added to check my system components, especially the power supply.
I bought a new psu since my previous one was of an unknown company and might not provide enough wattage.
I can now further overclock I noticed but my gpu stays at the same clock and the voltage doesnt change even though I increase it in msi afterburner...
Anyway still havent solved the issue!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS