[SOLVED] "Please power down and connect the pci-e power cable"

Sep 17, 2019
I have an asus gtx 1060 that i've been using for a couple of days when suddenly it turns off. when i turn it on the message is on display. i try reseat the gpu and use the other connector from the psu but nothing happened but when i remove the connector in the gpu i will get a display and it turns back to normal and when i try to reconnect the 6pin the error message (as in the title) will display .

MSI B350 Tomahawk
Asus gtx 1060 3gb
Seasonic S12II 520w

Solution
im really confuse and dont know what to do. i dont want to leave it as it is because there may be damage if i leave it for long term.
Well, diagnosing this will require some known working components and unless you have them, that means buying stuff to just test what is already working. I would just leave it alone. If something changes, it will give us a clue as to what to check without buying stuff. If it breaks, well you have to buy stuff.
Sep 17, 2019
That's an oddball issue for sure. I would just leave the 6-pin disconnected if it works. When something else changes, it will give a better clue as to what is going wrong.
im really confuse and dont know what to do. i dont want to leave it as it is because there may be damage if i leave it for long term.

Well, diagnosing this will require some known working components and unless you have them, that means buying stuff to just test what is already working. I would just leave it alone. If something changes, it will give us a clue as to what to check without buying stuff. If it breaks, well you have to buy stuff.

Solution