[SOLVED] Please power down and connect the PCIe cable(s)

berb

Prominent
Mar 26, 2020
I've been having some PSU issues, constantly shutting off during gaming, slight buzzing noise coming from the PSU, etc. Now when I try and turn on the computer I get the error message to plug in the PCIe cables to the GPU, which they are in there quite comfortably. I'm just wondering if the PSU broke and took the GPU with it or just the PSU broke and not the GPU. I have a really terrible ALLIED sl-8500btx PSU and I'm getting it replaced next week.

I have my old gtx 1060 I can test it but if the PSU broke the GPU I really dont want it breaking my only spare card aswell.

Specs:
R7 3700x
rtx 2060 super
MSI b450 tomahawk max
ALLIED sl-8500btx

Solution
That is a frighteningly low quality PSU, as you note. I would not be running any PC I value with something like this and it's unfortunate that you're only doing it now, long after some huge, red flags. Don't turn this PC on at all with this PSU.

DSzymborski

Titan
That is a frighteningly low quality PSU, as you note. I would not be running any PC I value with something like this and it's unfortunate that you're only doing it now, long after some huge, red flags. Don't turn this PC on at all with this PSU.

Solution

berb

Prominent
Mar 26, 2020
Will do, its lasted me almost 3 years. I'm really hoping it didnt kill anything else.