Please Power Down and Connect the PCIe Power Cable(s) for this graphic card

hyera007

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
So I had my PC up and running for about 9 months until this problem happen today. The monitor went off, and then when I move my mouse as usual, it didn't give any signal back. I restart the PC and that message appeared. My PC spec:

Asrock Z170 gaming K6 mobo
Intel i5-6600k
Asus strix GTX 970
Leadex Gold 650w psu

I checked the previous thread about this problem and I always see they just forgot to plug in the PCIe cable correctly. Mine is all connected, but the problem still appear.

Does anyone know the root cause of this? Is it the GPU's fault or PSU's fault?

P.S. The place I am living is currently have a lot of power cut, and it sometimes also cut during my PC was ON as well.

Solution
Wow, great power supply; I have the EVGA version.

Unplug the power from back of the power supply. Then hold your computer's power button for 10 seconds to discharge it.

Unplug all PCIe cables from both ends; the power supply and the motherboard. Also unplug the cables from the power supply to the graphics card as well. Am I correct in assuming that in addition to the 24 pin motherboard connector, you're also running a 8 pin PCIe connector from the power supply to the motherboard as well? Regardless, then plug all those cable back in. When you turn on the power, does the problem still persist? Do you have spare cables that you can replace the graphics card ones with? If so, then please do so.

I don't know if the problem lies...
Wow, great power supply; I have the EVGA version.

Unplug the power from back of the power supply. Then hold your computer's power button for 10 seconds to discharge it.

Unplug all PCIe cables from both ends; the power supply and the motherboard. Also unplug the cables from the power supply to the graphics card as well. Am I correct in assuming that in addition to the 24 pin motherboard connector, you're also running a 8 pin PCIe connector from the power supply to the motherboard as well? Regardless, then plug all those cable back in. When you turn on the power, does the problem still persist? Do you have spare cables that you can replace the graphics card ones with? If so, then please do so.

I don't know if the problem lies with your power supply or graphics card, but my guess would be the power supply. If you've tried my steps above and the problem persist then I suggest reaching out to Super Flower and seek a RMA from them. Try all these steps now and then report back to this thread when you're done. Thanks.

Solution

hyera007

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
Thank you for the solution.

I did according to your instruction, and finally found out the GPU power cable from PSU is the source of problem after all. I happened to have a spare one, since my GPU need only one 8-pin connector. Switching to another cable solved the problem for me.

Your solution is much appreciated. :D

Cheers!