"Please Power Down and Connect the PCIe Power Cable(s) for this Graphics Card"

Solution

Those cables are fine, use those.

Bakua

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
There will be cables labeled 'PCI-e' in your computer, find them and plug them in.

They'll look like this:
pciex68adap.jpg

Mar 27, 2016
My PSU cables for the graphics are all labeled "VGA" not PCIe.

My graphics card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti CLASSIFIED
My power supply: EVGA Supernova 1200 watts P2 Platinum PSU

I plugged in two 8-pin VGA cables that came with the PSU package.

Bakua

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015

Those cables are fine, use those.

Solution
Mar 27, 2016
Rookie_MUB, yah. I plugged in two 8-pin connectors to the GTX 980 Ti. What happened was I forgot to plug in the other VGA cable to the PSU. I only plugged in one VGA cable to the PSU instead of two. I was so excited that I missed it. lol

Thanks for the advice.

^^ Hahahah. Noob.

J/k. Usually many of the problems we run into are the simplest kind of things. I had a problem a long time ago (building a 386 computer, remember those?) Well the mobo didn't have the box surrounding the IDE connector for the HDD - it was straight pins coming from the motherboard. While I was building it, I inadvertantly offset the pins pushing the connector on and so only half the pins were plugged in. Not surprisingly, I couldn't get the machine to post or boot.

Pulled my hair out for days without checking that simple and obvious mistake. Once I found it... lol. I had the biggest 'duh' moment I've ever had.

Kieran001

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
I have the same error message. I connected the 8 pin vga cable to the EVGA GTX 1070 graphics card. The other end of the cable with six pins as shown in the photo does not fit into the power support. I added an adaptor to make the six pin an eight pin and connected it to the power support EVGA 650G2 The connections are good. However I have the same error message. Please advise. Thanks

Do you have it plugged in the right way? The cable connectors are one way, and again if I remember the EVGA G2 cable sets (I had to throw my PSU away grrr..), there are several connector sets, and the ones that go from the PSU to the VGA card - one end is a solid 8 pin connector, the other is a dual set of 6+2 pin cables. It wasn't an 8pin solid cable on both ends - THAT one is for the motherboard power....

Check your bundle of cables, you're looking for one that has two of these on one side:

14-PCI-E.jpg

The other end will plug into either VGA1 or VGA2 on the back of the PSU (top right of the unit when facing the power block plugs). Note that the CPU block right beside it is DIFFERENT. Not compatible. DON'T plug the GPU into that - it's strictly for the MOBO connector.

220-G2-0650-Y1_XL_5.jpg

michael.stenlund

Honorable
Sep 23, 2017
What all of you have written +Very often this happens to even us professionals when the wrong Gfx cable is plugged in (and fits) to the gfx board. The most normal solution to this issue is unplug all the gfx board cables and reconnect them making sure the same connectors on one 6x-pin and 8x-pin 'pigtail' cord is used and not two different cords. I had this issue on a brand new power-supply unit (PSU) and reconnected everything and it ran fine.

smudgecrap

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018

Hi, I have this same problem, "Please Power Down and Connect the PCIe Power Cable(s) for this Graphics Card" but only with one Graphics card. I did have a SLi setup of 2 EVGA Geforce GTX 980s both running fine, then one day I got this message on the screen. My first thought was the power supply so tested it with another same problem then decided to remove the graphics cards and test them independently, One card powers up perfect and runs, the other gives the message on the screen. Both are identical cards. Have you any ideas?

Best regards
smudge827

Jun 7, 2020
Hi
I've got this same issue with an Asus Pheonix GTX 1060 3gb that I bought used, when the 6 pin connector is plugged in there is a white led next to the connector, i have tried reseating the card and using the other 6 pin connector from my psu but nothing has worked, my current GTX 570 runs fine and I have not had this issue.
My specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
8gb ddr3 1333Mhz
EVGA 450 BT 80+ Bronze 450W PSU
Intel® Desktop Board DH61CR

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks