Please power down and connect the pcie power cable(s) for this graphics card

May 11, 2018
Hello,
I have been using my ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 for about half a month now, and today I got i7-4790k, which I successfully put into my pc, along with Noctua NH-D14, but the problem is that after I put my GPU back, and connected everything together, even with the power cable to the card, I get this message. It didn't pop up anytime since I bought it and mounted it onto the motherboard till now...
Can anyone help or at least think of what can be done?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I'd check the 6-pin connection to be sure it is all the way in, as well as the card fully in the slot. And then be sure the 6-pin is actually providing the +12v. (need a voltmeter) If all good, then I'd consider the possibility that the card has developed an issue where it isn't seeing the aux power.

Any way to test the card on another system? Try another card on yours system (one that needs a 6-pin)?

May 11, 2018
Ok, so I decided that because I was using it so short time, I'll just take back to the shop so it's still "untouched" from my side, like no mechanical degradation or anything like that, and I know there is a problem in the card itself, because I tried to plug in my old GTX 960, which was all good and I'm using it right now, also my PSU is to be completely fine because I bought it 10 days ago after on some OC guide for that GPU I found it's total shit and I should get some better one real soon...
So to answer clutchc - it's in the card, yes
and to answer smorizio - no, I couldn't do that even if I tried, because it is printed on the very plastic end that it's either CPU1/CPU2 or VGA1 being 2 cables to SLI, or VGA2 being same :)
Thank you for your answers