Please re-install ntoskrnl.exe

pat

Expert

While I was installing a program and rebooting, I received this error message:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe.

Please re-install a copy of this above file.

How does a person get into system 32 to replace that missing file?

Hi

Please see if the following article helps:

"Windows Could Not Start...(Missing Ntoskrnl.exe)"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;103673

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> While I was installing a program and rebooting, I received this error
> message:
>
> Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
> <Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe.
>
> Please re-install a copy of this above file.
>
> How does a person get into system 32 to replace that missing file?

pat

Expert

This article is about a system with IBM OS/2 version 2.x. My system does not
have IBM OS/2.

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please see if the following article helps:
>
> "Windows Could Not Start...(Missing Ntoskrnl.exe)"
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;103673
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > While I was installing a program and rebooting, I received this error
> > message:
> >
> > Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
> > <Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe.
> >
> > Please re-install a copy of this above file.
> >
> > How does a person get into system 32 to replace that missing file?

Sorry - wrong link. Try this one:

http://www.freelanceit.glowinternet.net/how_do_i_rectify_a_missing_or_co1.htm