[SOLVED] High ping while running speed test

Jun 2, 2020
Do you guys know where I could start I could be getting 30 ms ping on my PlayStation and start using my phone running a speed test for example and it will jump my ping up to 1000 ms making the game unplayable. All my networking devices are up to date.

Solution
Do you guys know where I could start I could be getting 30 ms ping on my PlayStation and start using my phone running a speed test for example and it will jump my ping up to 1000 ms making the game unplayable. All my networking devices are up to date.
Speedtest purposefully uses ALL your available bandwidth. Your game traffic has to mix in. It is like trying to get onto a crowded freeway. You are going to wait. That wait means high ping.

kanewolf

Titan
Speedtest purposefully uses ALL your available bandwidth. Your game traffic has to mix in. It is like trying to get onto a crowded freeway. You are going to wait. That wait means high ping.

Reactions: JayTemp94
Solution