[SOLVED] Please Recommend a 4096x2160 Monitor...

Can anyone please recommend a flatscreen monitor that meets all the following requirements..?

- At least 4096x2160 (Full 4k) resolution.

- A very high refresh rate (10ms or so) is a huge bonus.

- At least HDMI 2.0b as connectivity format.

- Preferably supports Nvidia G-Sync anti-screen tearing tech.

- 28"-32" in size.

Your suggestions greatly appreciated..!

NOTE: At least 4096x2160 in maximum resolution (NOT 3840x2160).

Solution
I assume you want a gaming monitor because of the high refresh rate (measured in Hz, with 144Hz being the highest for 4k) and high response time (measured in milli-second, typically 4 ms) requirements.
Very very few monitors are made with native full 4k resolution. For gaming monitors, even fewer. Your best bet would be to buy something close to a TV (LG or Samsung are good brands to start off your search).
As far as most gaming monitors go, 3840x2160p is the sweet spot and I doubt the human ear could detect the subtle difference.

Now, if you are okay with the 3840x2160p resolution, your best bet would be the Acer Predator X27 or the Asus Rogue equivalent. Both of these monitors are 4k with a whopping 144 Hz refresh rate. The only down...

dvo

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
I'm not sure such a monitor exists. Newegg only gave me one result for 4096x2160 monitors and it is over $3000, has 20ms response time, no HDMI, and no G-Sync.

MicroCenter lists no full 4k displays, but they do have two larger displays listed for me. One is a 34" 5120x2160 5k. It has Freesync, 5ms response time, and it has HDMI and DisplayPort. Its $1500, but on their site it has horrible reviews. Most sites show it as pre-order, but my local MicroCenter lists 4 in stock. It is the LG 34WK95U-W.

The other I see is the LG UltraFine 27MD5KB-B. It is 5120x2880 (also called 5k). 27", 14ms. uses Thunderbolt for connectivity though. $1200. No G-sync or FreeSync. Ive found no reviews for it.

Hope this helps a bit. I'm guessing displays of that resolution are categorized as Professional displays. There may be sites/stores that deal more in those types than Newegg and such. Good luck with your search

thtran6

Upstanding
Oct 2, 2018
I assume you want a gaming monitor because of the high refresh rate (measured in Hz, with 144Hz being the highest for 4k) and high response time (measured in milli-second, typically 4 ms) requirements.
Very very few monitors are made with native full 4k resolution. For gaming monitors, even fewer. Your best bet would be to buy something close to a TV (LG or Samsung are good brands to start off your search).
As far as most gaming monitors go, 3840x2160p is the sweet spot and I doubt the human ear could detect the subtle difference.

Now, if you are okay with the 3840x2160p resolution, your best bet would be the Acer Predator X27 or the Asus Rogue equivalent. Both of these monitors are 4k with a whopping 144 Hz refresh rate. The only down side is that they are both only 27'' and sold at around 2,000 usd.
There is currently no 4k gaming monitor with larger than 27'' screen and 144 Hz.

However, if you are willing to lower the bar regarding the refresh rate (meaning lower frames per second), then there are TONS of 4k gaming monitor with various dimentions. Most of these, however, will cap at 60 Hz refresh rate. Hope this helps.

Solution