[SOLVED] Please recommend a printer for an Indian college professor ?

mikael_schiffer

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
1. What is your printer budget? What is your country of origin?
Upto Rs 20,000 but preferably around Rs10,000. I am from India.

2. Preferred Brand(s)
Canon, HP, Brother, mainstream brands with wide servicing network

3. Brands Not Preferred (state reason why)
---None---

4. How many pages do you print per day?
10-20 pages a week. I am college professor, I need to occasionally print out reading/study materials

5. Do you want your printer to perform other functions (scanning / copying / fax)?
Scanning texts from books, journals, magazines. No need for Fax. But AUTOMATIC DUPLEX printing is a MUST. I have had many mishaps while printing both sides. I want it to be automated.

6. Preferred website for printer (eg Newegg / Tiger Direct, etc.)?
Amazon, Reliance Online Store, FlipKart

7. Do you want your printer to have Wi-Fi capability?
Not a necessity but a luxury i would love to have. It would great to be able to print wirelessly from my iPhone's Whatsapp and Telegram app

8. Do you want your printer to have full color or black and white?
Color is not a necessity, occasionally printing passport photos would be great

9. How much do you currently spend on ink/toner?
i use a budget Brother Laser Printer which uses Powder for refilling the toner. So my spending is very low. On the other hand, i don't print a lot. But i don't want to be stuck without ink.

10. Do you print high quality or high resolution documents or photographs?
Text should be Sharp

Other Important Notes:
Speed is not an issue. I am in no hurry. I also want it be a compact sized printer. I will purchase from Online store ONLY.(Amazon, Flipkart, Reliance Digital etc. etc.) I am buying a new printer mainly because i need Scanning and Auto-Duplex features.

Another important Note: i would love to try out the Ink Tank system. Ink cost and efficiency isn't a priority to me but I am fascinated by this feature and i think every new printer should have this feature.

Solution
The thing about an Ink Tank system is that if you don't have a large enough volume to print the ink stagnates and then you're left burning through the inks trying to clean up the clog(in your header). Then again if you print volume with colored material is high like the pages you've mentioned then you're on the right track.

I've found this which is the lowest priced printer that has WiFi, Ink Tank feature and a scanner(not to mention printing);
but it is a little wide.

You could look at this;
https://www.amazon.in/Epson-L6170-Wi-Fi-Duplex-Printer/dp/B079KGFRBV
but it's taller and exceeds you budget going closer to 30,000INR.

Lutfij

Titan
The thing about an Ink Tank system is that if you don't have a large enough volume to print the ink stagnates and then you're left burning through the inks trying to clean up the clog(in your header). Then again if you print volume with colored material is high like the pages you've mentioned then you're on the right track.

I've found this which is the lowest priced printer that has WiFi, Ink Tank feature and a scanner(not to mention printing);
but it is a little wide.

You could look at this;
https://www.amazon.in/Epson-L6170-Wi-Fi-Duplex-Printer/dp/B079KGFRBV
but it's taller and exceeds you budget going closer to 30,000INR.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS