[SOLVED] Please recommend an LGA 1150 motherboard that supports two x16 PCIe cards

Jul 15, 2019
I have a Dell XPS 8700 and I need to install a Black Magine HDMI capture card but it requires a x16 PCIe slot, which is already used by my graphics card. What is a good motherboard that I can swap my CPU , RAM, etc onto that will support both a Nvidia 1060 and a Black Magic 4K capture card? The computer will be running 24/7 as a webcam streaming/repeating server with Ubuntu Linux.
Thanks

EDIT: I will be buying a generic ATX case to swap everything into.

Solution
The photos I see of the motherboard show a X4 slot which is open ended.
Your Black magic card which is X16 in size should fit in that slot and operate at X4 speed.

You might try the card first and then decide if you need to swap motherboards.
Jul 15, 2019
I guess the Black Magic card says either a x4, x8 or x16 slot will work. I was just hoping to find a motherboard that could do two x16 cards to be safe, I guess a x16 and x4 motherboard would work according to their specs though.
I will be streaming a Panasonic GH4 at 4K so I wanted to be safe.
I'm using the GPU at the same time to perform color enhancement on the camera video before streaming it to youtube. So I need the GPU to work at full speed.

The photos I see of the motherboard show a X4 slot which is open ended.
Your Black magic card which is X16 in size should fit in that slot and operate at X4 speed.

You might try the card first and then decide if you need to swap motherboards.

Solution