[SOLVED] Please recommend me a new Power Supply

• Thread starter Deleted member 362816
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 362816

Having issues with my old one, over it just want to order a new one at this point.

Must be Amazon. Price doesn't matter. Must be fully modular I don't care for the huge cables on the Corsair RM series so those are out.

Let me know :)

CPU: i5 - 11700k (Hyper 212 Black)
GPU: AMD RX 6800 Ref (pci 4.0 x16)
Ram: 2x16gb ddr4 oloy 3200 mhz
PSU: enermax revolution d.f. 650 Watt (In question)
Case: Fractal Torrent Nano
Windows 11 Pro
Motherboard: AsRock h570m ITX/AC
NVME: Samsung 970 pro 500GB (pci 3.0 x4)
Monitor: Dell 27 1440P 165hz IPS (Display Port)
Fans: 1x180mm 3x120mm LED

Solution
this tier list is a personal recommendation by a member that did extensive research and trials to determine what is worthy of buying and trusting vs what should be avoided.

are you too lazy to find one that suits your needs on your own or do you just not trust your own shopping "capabilities"?
searching on Amazon is fairly easy.

if you don't care about any certain factors like specific length, color, included cables, LEDs, warranty, etc;
then just get the cheapest model you can find that falls in the highest tier.

Corsair RMx is one of the nicest available and goes for rather cheap compared to similar quality models.
RM is not the same as RMx.
so unless you have compared them and still do not like the RMx cable design, that is...
D

Deleted member 362816

Not what I was asking for. Wanted personal recommendation not the psu tier list. Thanks though.

this tier list is a personal recommendation by a member that did extensive research and trials to determine what is worthy of buying and trusting vs what should be avoided.

are you too lazy to find one that suits your needs on your own or do you just not trust your own shopping "capabilities"?

if you don't care about any certain factors like specific length, color, included cables, LEDs, warranty, etc;
don't care for the huge cables on the Corsair RM series so those are out.
Corsair RMx is one of the nicest available and goes for rather cheap compared to similar quality models.
so unless you have compared them and still do not like the RMx cable design, that is one you should consider.

the Super Flower Leadex III Gold series has also been going for good prices while still one of the highest tiered available.
another option to consider.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

so unless you have compared them and still do not like the RMx cable design, that is one you should consider.

the Super Flower Leadex III Gold series has also been going for good prices while still one of the highest tiered available.
another option to consider.

No offense but I agree with the OP. If someone asks for help with a PSU and you feel that just dropping a link to the tier list is an appropriate response, that is just lazy. The list is stickied at the top of this site, everyone knows about it. We are here to help people not hotlink a (now outdated) list.

Especially with current supply issues going on, actually linking a location he could purchase something good (as he mentioned) would be the helpful response here.

Solution
The list is stickied at the top of this site, everyone knows about it. We are here to help people not hotlink a (now outdated) list.
everyone does not know about it.
many are amazed when first linked to it that such a compilation even exists.
you would be surprised how many members here do not pay any attention at all to stickied threads.

and last being updated ~6 months ago does not mean that it is outdated.
just that there may be a few more recent models not included.
actually linking a location he could purchase something good (as he mentioned) would be the helpful response here.
OP wants something specifically available on Amazon, not just any location.
so searching for nicer listed models there is an easy task.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
everyone does not know about it.
many are amazed when first linked to it that such a compilation even exists.
you would be surprised how many members here do not pay any attention at all to stickied threads.

and last being updated ~6 months ago does not mean that it is outdated.
just that there may be a few more recent models not included.

OP wants something specifically available on Amazon, not just any location.
so searching for nicer listed models there is an easy task.

The people who made the tier list literally have described it as outdated themselves when they asked me to take it down. It is shortly going to be removed from the site. They requested us to remove it 6 months ago when they stopped updating it but we decided to allow it to remain until its long in the tooth. The tier list is very long and very thorough, but as someone just looking for a solution having to look up whats available and sit there and cross reference it to the tier list all day long is a pain. And the Tier list is only a starting point, It doesn't have intricacies like cable length or other little things that may make one PSU better than another in your opinion. The OP even pointed out a specific thing about Corsair PSUs he doesn't like. He wants peoples OPINIONS not a list.

The member you're replying to has 5,000+ posts, I'd say its safe to say he has seen the stickies somewhere around here. He's asking for help, not a link he has seen already. Again it is a lazy reply to just link a list of PSUs when someone asks for actual help. There will never not be a time that this is a lazy trash reply. If you don't want to take the time to actually help people, don't bother replying.