Please respond quickly! Need help with Graphics card and Motherboard!

LuddeFish

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014
Hello, i am planning on buying a new graphics card along with a new PSU, I am pretty sure that the
PSU will fit inside my HP Pavilion 500-102eo Desktop PC (JasmineR Motherboard), but i'm not really sure that the Sapphire r9 290x will fit because there is a little cooling thing that is ~15mm high and i could really need some information on how long the connectors on the graphics card is so i could get a rough idea on how much space is required (or left), Sorry for my bad english, i am not English and i'm in kind of a hurry at the moment. Thank you in advance and please reply!

Solution
if you're not a big gamer you don't need r9 290x!a r250x will suffice!and are you buying it online??or from a local store?if local store the bring your pc there and see if it fits!i can't say more without taking a look at your casing!but assuming card will fit inside your casing all you have to do is remove the case plate!if it won't fit inside(card is too large)then buy a card with small form factor!
but i think it'll fit!

LuddeFish

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014

I don't have that extra money, and i don't need a better CPU for my type of gaming nor the 3d work i do.

LuddeFish

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014

I have to money for the r9 290x, not for r9 290x and cpu, but my question was, will it fit? not will my CPU maybe bottleneck the r9 290x?. Btw my cpu is good for what im doing and i won't change it until i can change it to something better wich would be around maybe 700$ wich i don't have.

ichigothereaper

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014
if you're not a big gamer you don't need r9 290x!a r250x will suffice!and are you buying it online??or from a local store?if local store the bring your pc there and see if it fits!i can't say more without taking a look at your casing!but assuming card will fit inside your casing all you have to do is remove the case plate!if it won't fit inside(card is too large)then buy a card with small form factor!
but i think it'll fit!

Solution