Build Advice Please review new PC build.

wolfy001

Prominent
Dec 14, 2022
Hi Brains trust.

Im a user in Aus who is using a national company that sells parts at reasonable prices and builds for $80. I was hoping yall could look over my proposed build for any major red flags plus a few parameters ill get into.

Im planning on using it for gaming and general use. Im looking for good graphics and fps in 1080p possibly 1440 later on. I play games like witcher 3 and total war warhammer.

Is the motherboard a good choice? not really sure what to go by as far as motherboards go.

Is the power supply overkill at 850?

im not too sure if the fan choice is appropriate and how many would be a descent amount.

is it worth the money to go for a higher read/write ssd?

Thanks for the advice!
https://www.umart.com.au/product/corsair-carbide-4000d-airflow-tg-mid-tower-atx-case-black-56787

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
I'd ditch the Coolermaster cooler...get something more, substantial like one from Noctua or make do with the stock air cooler. I'd split the SSD into two, smaller one for the OS, app's and launcher. While a larger SSD can be the game's library drive. I'd add an HDD if you need one for storage. I'd ditch the Coolermaster fan as well. Outside of that, your build looks spot on.

Hey there,

Yes, I agree with @Lutfij about the Hyper 212. It's a middling cooler at best.

Everything else looks good. The chosen ram suits the 5600x in that it can go with and 1800mhz fclk, which works well with the 5600x and gives best latency. Although if you get get a CL16 kit for close to the price, that would actually be slightly better.

Good choices all-around :)

Reactions: Lutfij and PEnns
CPU cooler suggestion: Deepcool AG500 ARGB 67.88 CFM CPU Cooler (AG500 ARGB) - PCPartPicker

Alternate case suggestions: Lian Li LANCOOL 215 ATX Mid Tower Case (LANCOOL 215 BLACK) - PCPartPicker
be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ATX Mid Tower Case (BGW37) - PCPartPicker

I would suggest this SSD instead: Western Digital Black SN770 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (WDS100T3X0E) - PCPartPicker

I would suggest you to wait a bit for the 4060 and 4070 card release in April if you can.

A PSU with a bit of headroom is better looking at the new launches. The power requirements keeps going up.

The mobo is a good model with adequate features. The strix mobo with wifi is at 320 dollars, so the tomahawk is good deal.

Last edited:

logainofhades

Titan
I agree on the 212 as well. The deepcool cooler mentioned above would be a much better choice, for the price. I would choose a different case, with more fans, but still has good airflow. Then you really wouldn't need to buy more fans, and you could use the savings elsewhere. Something like this. https://www.umart.com.au/product/deepcool-ck560-tg-mid-tower-atx-case-black-61804

Either step up to a 5700x, or save some money and get a 5600 non x. The x variant isn't worth the added cost, for the 5600.

6700xt trades blows with the 3060ti, is typically a bit cheaper, and has more vram.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

wolfy001

Prominent
Dec 14, 2022
Thanks all for the advice! one last thing is that i want to run rgb fans....how do i do that? do i need to get adapters or anything? or would thus motherboard have enough fan headers? besides the fan headers..how do i hook up the rgb connectors? thanks in advance

The mobo has fan headers and rgb headers. If you buy rgb fans in packs, they come with their own controller which connects to a USB header.

The rgb fans have power cables and rgb cables. You could consider a compatible fan hub which connects to a USB header and is powered by sata connection from psu instead...

The main thing to note is a mobo header can only power up 2 or 3 fans at most before power loss or data loss. That's why it's preferable to use a hub if u have more than 2 fans per header

wolfy001

Prominent
Dec 14, 2022