Please someome see inside

deacon

Distinguished
May 9, 2004

I bought the Sims 2 for my daughter.
Anyway, I had to rebuild her machine. It was too slow. In the mean
time I installed it on my machine to make sure it was safe for her.
Now it won't take the code on her new machine. What is the best way to
get it into her new machine. I've already taken it out of my machine.
Appreciate any help here.

Damien

What do you mean it won't take the code? Are you trying to install the game
or copy it over? Are you getting any errors?

"Deacon" <Undun@Undid.com> wrote in message
>I bought the Sims 2 for my daughter.
> Anyway, I had to rebuild her machine. It was too slow. In the mean
> time I installed it on my machine to make sure it was safe for her.
> Now it won't take the code on her new machine. What is the best way to
> get it into her new machine. I've already taken it out of my machine.
> Appreciate any help here.

---

Neal

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:16:26 -0600, Deacon <Undun@Undid.com> wrote:

> I bought the Sims 2 for my daughter.
> Anyway, I had to rebuild her machine. It was too slow. In the mean
> time I installed it on my machine to make sure it was safe for her.
> Now it won't take the code on her new machine. What is the best way to
> get it into her new machine. I've already taken it out of my machine.
> Appreciate any help here.

Not terribly familiar with Sims2 installation, but another application I
use has a problem similar to this. In that one registration is done
online. The program simply won't work unless it's registered online.

But what happens sometimes is this: the registration script recognizes the
computer based on components. If you change the components, the script
thinks it's a different computer and won't install, thinking it's being
wrongfully installed. When that happens, the user needs to call tech help
and have them manually approve registration, overriding the script's
computer recognition setup.

Again, this might not be the problem with Sims2, but it's a known issue in
other applications.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"Neal" <neal413@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:16:26 -0600, Deacon <Undun@Undid.com> wrote:
>
>> I bought the Sims 2 for my daughter.
>> Anyway, I had to rebuild her machine. It was too slow. In the mean
>> time I installed it on my machine to make sure it was safe for her.
>> Now it won't take the code on her new machine. What is the best way to
>> get it into her new machine. I've already taken it out of my machine.
>> Appreciate any help here.
>
> Not terribly familiar with Sims2 installation, but another application I
> use has a problem similar to this. In that one registration is done
> online. The program simply won't work unless it's registered online.
>
> But what happens sometimes is this: the registration script recognizes the
> computer based on components. If you change the components, the script
> thinks it's a different computer and won't install, thinking it's being
> wrongfully installed. When that happens, the user needs to call tech help
> and have them manually approve registration, overriding the script's
> computer recognition setup.
>
> Again, this might not be the problem with Sims2, but it's a known issue in
> other applications.

Which ussually causes a problem, for many programs allow you to install
their program on several computers as long as you don`t run them at the same
time.
So I guess that sims2 is one computer installation only?
Have to read the license agreement again.

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:08:07 +0100, ..22.. <email@request.rr> wrote:

> Which ussually causes a problem, for many programs allow you to install
> their program on several computers as long as you don`t run them at the
> same time.
> So I guess that sims2 is one computer installation only?
> Have to read the license agreement again.

I have installed the same Sims2 on 3 different computers that I own. And
I cannot register online at all, since someone used the code before me.
(The code, incidentally, was printed on the cover of a book that was
inside the box which was shrink-wrapped, so something is fishy about
that.) Anyway, you clearly don't need to be able to register online to
play Sims2.

(This was the CD version.)

good sign." -G

Damien

I have been reading allot about other people having problems installing the
game because of all the anti piracy software the Sims2 has on the disk. The
biggest problem I have read is if you have a virtual disk setup on your PC
the sims2 will not install. So maybe you are having a problem similar to
this maybe the piracy software is stopping you. But for it not running
because its not registered I haven't heard anything about that. If you have
CD Copying software installed that uses a virtual disk try disabling it and
try dumping everything out from in background see if that helps.