Question Please someone fix my issue

Codecs

Reputable
Sep 12, 2019
any1 know why i have insanely high var on matchmaking/offline with bots but perfectly fine var/fps on workshop maps/community servers? been trying to find out why for a few weeks now and the var goes back to normal after a week or so at random without me fixing it. I've played cs since 2019 and never had an issue like this before I tried everything I could think of, even reinstalled cs and I never done that since I downloaded it. Tried restarting my router, I'm at a loss. I'm thinking maybe it could be that I need to reapply thermal paste but my PC isn't even above 40degrees when playing counter strike so I don't think it's that

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What are the specs for this system (make/model of all installed components)? What version of Windows? Is Windows and all of your main drivers (especially motherboard chipset, video, and network) up to date?

Are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?

How full is/are your storage device(s)?

Codecs

Reputable
Sep 12, 2019
What are the specs for this system (make/model of all installed components)? What version of Windows? Is Windows and all of your main drivers (especially motherboard chipset, video, and network) up to date?

Are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?

How full is/are your storage device(s)?
16gb ram, i7 6700k, gtx 1080 graphics, 240gb Kingston ssd and 120gb Kingston ssd ,can't remember the rest. like 50gb on c drive and 200+ on my z drive both ssd's. My friend helped me overclock my ram in the past but that was a year ago now and it was working fine. I'm on windows 10. I used a program to update all my drivers a week ago as well

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
uninstalled it right away sir

I know it's easier to use software like this, but you're the one who knows the details of your PC best, more than a generalized software package that has to be updated constantly for new things. You're the one who can evaluate what drivers are beneficial, what aren't worth the bother, and keep better track of things like drivers that have been noted in public to have issues.

In the end, anything worth doing is worth doing right. Proper drivers may not resolve your issue, but when you are able to verify all the drivers in place are correct, even if you still have issues, you've crossed off something that isn't the problem. And as a result, you're one step closer to finding the problem.

Codecs

Reputable
Sep 12, 2019
I know it's easier to use software like this, but you're the one who knows the details of your PC best, more than a generalized software package that has to be updated constantly for new things. You're the one who can evaluate what drivers are beneficial, what aren't worth the bother, and keep better track of things like drivers that have been noted in public to have issues.

In the end, anything worth doing is worth doing right. Proper drivers may not resolve your issue, but when you are able to verify all the drivers in place are correct, even if you still have issues, you've crossed off something that isn't the problem. And as a result, you're one step closer to finding the problem.
I don't think I'll ever find the problem I just installed rainbow six siege to test it and it has fine fps in ultra settings like 306'ish with no issues with network or var idek if siege has var but i don't see any issues on my end so its literally only csgo. I just downloaded driver booster as a quick alternative because I thought it downloads the best drivers/most up to date ones for my system

Codecs

Reputable
Sep 12, 2019
I uninstalled my game again but this time I deleted all my userdata folders and it seems to have fixed everything even tho I lost all my settings this is the best outcome I guess

Codecs

Reputable
Sep 12, 2019
How old is your Windows install?

Your best best may be to install Windows from scratch (clean install) and drivers directly from vendors. Then, restore your files and reinstall apps/games.
probably only a few years, every other game works completely fine and resetting is last resort. I don't get why only csgo is having issues tho.

Codecs

Reputable
Sep 12, 2019
Trying to isolate the problem. Seems very odd at the moment.

Are you connecting to a personal server with the game or the same one you always use? Tried any others?
I tried using exitlag which is like a host for servers for you so you don't go off your own connection and that still had issues, in offline my fps is awful and on matchmaking my fps is also awful but on community servers its beyond fine. I don't know how it fixed on it's own twice now and then came back to being like this, that's the part I don't understand