Please someone help me fix this problem.

onanotherleve1

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
I do not know much about computers, but my brother built me a PC recently. It works great except randomly everything will freeze for about 10-15 seconds, sometimes happening several times an hour, sometimes not happening for a while. We believe it could be a problem with the compatibility between the graphics card, motherboard, and BIOS version I have.

I am using windows 8 and ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 and my graphics card is Radeon R7870 with double dissipation.
My bios version is 2.10.1208, this appears at the bottom when I enter the BIOS at boot.

I do not know too much about advanced computer hardware/software and I planned on starting streaming this year, but this has been a huge problem. If anyone can offer any advice I would be extremely grateful. If you need anymore specs or anything please ask. Thank you.

OnkelCannabia

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
We believe it could be a problem with the compatibility between the graphics card, motherboard, and BIOS version I have.
why do you believe that? RAM or CPU and motherboards often have compatibility issues, but MB and GPU??? Never heard of it.

Tell us your complete system: CPU, GPU, Motherboard, PSU, RAM etc

the basics:

Goto www.filehippo.com download install SPECCY and post the first tab here, this will give us also you IDLE temp
Download install MSI Afterburner, then run 3D stuff like games, what was the temp?

If you have Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) that is garbage and you need to uninstall it first
www.filehippo.com and download / install AVAST! or AVG and have them to a FULL SCAN of your computer.
downloaded and run MALWAREBYTES to run a full scan and clean the PC

Download Slim Driver and make sure all drivers are up to date.

Numerous posts here have been solved with these steps.

onanotherleve1

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
Operating System
Windows 8.1 64-bit
CPU
AMD FX-8350 10 °C
Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 802MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A99FX PRO R2.0 (Socket 942) 26 °C
Graphics
27EA31 (1920x1080@60Hz)
HP 2310 (1920x1080@60Hz)
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (XFX Pine Group) 30 °C
Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 (SATA) 29 °C
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223L
Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device

Sorry for the late response, I greatly appreciate the feedback. So what happens is, under my task manager, the disk drive spikes up to 100% and stays there for a while. I noticed this is a VERY common problem, even though many things can cause it. I do NOT believe this is a hardware problem. All of my drivers are up to date. After reading a lot of forums, I believe its something related to windows 8.1. I have tried increasing and messing around with the virtual memory, turning off the write-cache policy. Turning off superfetch windows search, which are on now because that did not work either. There are tons of forums with so many different replies, its a bit overwhelming to figure this out. I almost want to try putting another hard drive in to see if it happens again, or switching to windows 7. Again, all of my hardware is brand new.

onanotherleve1

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
Okay so I am reading the motherboard guide that comes with it. Apparently from slots 1 - 4 , my two sticks of ram are supposed to be in the 2nd and 4th slots. Right now they are in the 1st and 2nd. my brother informed me this is how the old motherboards used to work but they changed it. I am going to try this now and cross my fingers. (this is actually something that is wrong though so hopefully this could be it and explained why it had some trouble processing information between the ram and hard drive)