Please someone help me..

rotwolf38

Prominent
Sep 2, 2017
Hello guys,

as you can read by the title i am in need of extreme help, since one week i bought a new motherboard (MSI x399 gaming carbon pro) with a new cpu (Amd threadripper 1920x) from then
i´ve only gotten into problems with this pc, first i bought the wrong ram (1 ram bench x 8 gb) now i bought the right one (HyperX ddr4 3200 mhz 4 x 8gb) that is on my QVL motherboard site too.

When i mounted it with a happy smile on my face ready to test this big CPU, i could enter windows 10 but after 2 mins or so the PC freezed and when i restarted it, it started boot looping like going OFF and ON for 4-5 times and then going Black screen forever. So at first i changed the ram spots but the problem didn´t go away, then i tried with only 2 ram benchs and i could boot into windows! As fast as i could i did a RAM test, after the windows ram test was finished the pc didn´t boot into windows but instead it went BLACK SCREEN again (btw i completed the 2 phase test without errors). After this when i restarted the pc 3 LONG beeps would follow, at this time i really don´t know if this is a RAM issue or directly a Motherboard issue. I even tried starting the pc withoutu HDD or SSD and RAM and it didn´t boot into the bios (Strange?).

I really don´t think that it is because of the PSU, here are some of my specs that i didn´t mention:

PSU : EVGA 750 g2
GPU : nvidia gtx 980ti
Cooling : Cooler master 120 lite watercooler
RAM : HX432C16PB3K4/32

temps are always 34 c idle

almost forgot to mention that with the first RAM that i bought (1 x 8gb g.skill ddr4 2133mhz) the pc worked but gave me some performance problems.

i really need this pc for work please help me.
and sorry for my english.

Solution
If you bought your ram as a kit (4x8GB kit) then you need to return them as a kit and get a whole new kit. If you bought them separately that could also be a cause of problems as they are not testet to work together.

rotwolf38

Prominent
Sep 2, 2017
Yes, they are on the QVL. By the way i found the problem, a ram bench is not working and giving problems. I found it and now i am asking for replacement from amazon, at least i can work with 24 Gb for now :).

rotwolf38

Prominent
Sep 2, 2017

Bought them as a kit, and yes i'm returning them as a kit. amazon has really the best service.