please suggest me a recommended PSU wattage for my build?

vikyy17

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015
i'm assembling components to build my new PC.here's the spec:
Intel Pentium G4400
Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2 Motherboard
Kingston HyperxFury DDR4 2400mhz Memory (8gb)
Toshiba Internal HDD 1TB
Samsung 850EVO 2.5inch SSD (120gb)

in websites like outer vision and cooler master
when i select the socket type LG 1151 there's no intel Pentium g4400 processor in the drop down list because of which i'm unable to calculate my total wattage. please help

Solution

450W is a meaningless value in this case. What is your budget for a PSU?
A quality 150W unit is sufficient. The thing is, though, you should not purchase a power supply based on labelled wattage. Labelled wattage is evil, because it is just an arbitrary value with no realistic meaning. They are too inconsistent, there are no standards by which labelled wattage must cohere to, so it is evil. Evil!

Purchasing a power supply should not be a breeze. It should be a task of research, researching how a power supply's outputted voltage regulation is. How the fluctuation and spikes on that voltage are. How the build quality is, if the capacitors are cheap and will die soon, or quality and will live long. How it responds to transients, it's hold-up time, working protections, rail distribution, etc. These are all more important factors than the wattage labelling on a unit (also, don't use calculators... ever)

Of course, I don't expect you to underastand this since you have not researched it, but it's just a fair warning to be cautious and never purchase a PSU just because of the wattage number on the label. Any PSU can create enough current to merit 1000W, even a 200W PSU can; what matters is how stable the voltage is, that the unit does not burn, and that its protection circuitry works properly.

A Seasonic 300ET Bronze will suit you well (also note that Bronze, Silver, Gold, etc. are just efficiency ratings and do not equal actual quality). Actually, forget the Seasonic, it doesn't come with a power cable. You'd be fine with... Well, budget?

vikyy17

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015

suppose i don't want a video card as of now, it is still safe to supply my CPU with a 450W that require somewhere only 300w. if it is safe then i will purchase a graphics card as an upgrade in a few months

450W is a meaningless value in this case. What is your budget for a PSU?

Solution

vikyy17

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015

2500 in Indian rupees

vikyy17

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015

amazon.in

vikyy17

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015

thank you very much for taking time and effort to answer all my questions.

TRENDING THREADS