[SOLVED] please suggest me some of the best power back up options for a high end gaming rig

eziowar

Distinguished
BANNED
Jun 11, 2015
please suggest me some of the best power back up options for a high end gaming rig like rtx3080+i5 9600k with 1 ssd and 1hdd. i want power back up for mayb 3 to 5 hours on load.

Solution
thank you very much, i'm noob in these types of electrical systems, please give me an actual product example with manufacture name which can give back up of 500 watt load for 3 hours( or mayb i'll settle with 1 hour if it's too costly but i prefer 3 hours) for my pc. please teach me little bit about choosing batteries etc.
It all depends where you're located at and what's available in your area. Like I said, you need a professional to asses your home and needs for proper recommendations. The inverter determines the amount of load you can put on it and the batteries how long the load will last.

https://www.amazon.com/Home-Inverter/s?k=Home+Inverter

USAFRet

Titan
Reactions: JoBalz

eziowar

Distinguished
BANNED
Jun 11, 2015

USAFRet

Titan
thanks for replying. i wanna b a game streamer, but i got electricity issue at my area, sometimes it's gone for hours, what should i do?
Well, that's what it costs.

At the APC calculator, for a 500 watt draw and 20 minute run time...$600 and up.

What to do?
Look for used commercial grade systems on fleabay, and buy new batteries.
(batteries will need to be replaced every 18-24 months anyway)

But don't buy one without someone knowledgeable looking at it first.

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021
In your case, you need a power inverter for home. You'd need a professional to asses your home's load (and your personal requirements) to determine the KWs needed for the unit and the proper amount of batteries to back it up.

eziowar

Distinguished
BANNED
Jun 11, 2015
Well, that's what it costs.

At the APC calculator, for a 500 watt draw and 20 minute run time...$600 and up.

What to do?
Look for used commercial grade systems on fleabay, and buy new batteries.
(batteries will need to be replaced every 18-24 months anyway)

But don't buy one without someone knowledgeable looking at it first.
In your case, you need a power inverter for home. You'd need a professional to asses your home's load (and your personal requirements) to determine the KWs needed for the unit and the proper amount of batteries to back it up.
thank you very much, i'm noob in these types of electrical systems, please give me an actual product example with manufacture name which can give back up of 500 watt load for 3 hours( or mayb i'll settle with 1 hour if it's too costly but i prefer 3 hours) for my pc. please teach me little bit about choosing batteries etc.

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021
It all depends where you're located at and what's available in your area. Like I said, you need a professional to asses your home and needs for proper recommendations. The inverter determines the amount of load you can put on it and the batteries how long the load will last.

https://www.amazon.com/Home-Inverter/s?k=Home+Inverter

Solution