Please tell the difference

Solution
CX450M is a modular power supply..the cables plug in and the ones not in use don;t need to be plugged in. The 450 has all cables coming out of it, so any unused would remain in the case which may clutter up the interior.

t53186

Distinguished
CX450M is a modular power supply..the cables plug in and the ones not in use don;t need to be plugged in. The 450 has all cables coming out of it, so any unused would remain in the case which may clutter up the interior.

Solution

manddy123

Admirable
Semi-modular*.

Everything else is correct,

And just to be clear, "semi-modular" means that the two motherboard power connectors are permanently attached to the power supply and not removable (24-pin ATX cable, 8-pin ATX12V cable [4+4]). I'm not sure what the big deal would be about having those two removable in a fully modular PSU because they are needed to power on the system in the first place.

In general power supply theory, half bridge = higher efficiency at the cost of potential stability like inconsistency of load line calibration and spikes. Power management is controlled by frequency modulation monitoring. That is only critical when running close to the maximum power rating of the PSU and/or in a very hot environment however. You likely won't notice the difference between the two. Double forward is more traditional power management via duty cycle management.

I may be omitting some things and there are people here who know way more than I do on PSUs so maybe they can jump in and add more info (or correct me if I'm wrong).

ron2456

Distinguished
Cpu: Ryzen 5 2400G
Cooler: Deepcool Gamaxx 300
GPU: Integrated RX Vega
RAM:2x4gb ADATA Premier 2400 DDR4
Mobo: ASUS PRIME AB350M-A
HDD: 1Tb WD Blue 7200RPM
2x Led case fan, 1x normal case fan both 120mm

I might add a 1050ti or 1150ti later after 1year.
Also higher efficiency means closer to advertised output? So which one would be best for my system?

The 450m is a cwt manufactured unit, plenty of stripdowns of the platform & its a rock solid unit for the money full stop

The non-modular has 2 models & what you get is pretty much luck of the draw.
One is the exact same platform as the modular , the other is a platform from great wall with exactly the same specs so its impossible to tell from a site advert which one they at stocking.

In all honesty I personally wouldn't worry , they both have a 5 year warranty & great wall can & do make some,good quality units.

At the minute your build specs are 150w or so, with a 1050ti they'll be 220-230w max.

You actually have those parts ? Of not dump the gammax & buy faster ram , 2400kHz is not fast enough If you plan some gaming without a gpu

Also be aware that board needs to be on an up-to-date bios to run a g series apu.

ron2456

Distinguished
Yeah I am already playing some light games like bf3 on this board. Gamaxx is keeping cpu pretty cool around (55 on load with ambient of 35). I had the gamaxx from my old fx build. My issue was of cpu cooler height. At 150mm gamaxx was the best performer I could find plus it was am4 compatible. If I could fit the semi into my budget then it would be good because my case has shitty management or else I would go with the non-M and will tie the extra cables and keep them at the bottom of the case.

To be honest you've only got 3 strings of cables anyway with the new cx's.

At the minute The only one you wouldn't plug in is the pci express cable.

So if the cx450 non modular is significantly cheaper or easier to get hold of I wouldn't sweat it.

& yeah don't be disappointed with the gammaxx 300, its a damn fine cooler for the money, & apart from the cryorig h7 (which costs twice as much) & the gammax s40 (which is pretty much the same) the only 120mm cooler with a sub 150mm height.