Plenty of Tablets At Best Buy This Holiday Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
My first tablet PC was a Gateway from Best Buy, been hooked on the full inking experience since. Thus I am not surprised Best Buy is looking into these sub-netbook devices, but within a year of the first release of other models I bet they will only have iPads.

Alas, as of August 10th Plastic Logic officially announced the Que's death - and the only non-tablet PC tablet device I wanted was the Que with the almost unbreakable plastic screen. *sigh* (No inking ability = no sale, at least for me.)

Thor

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2004
Hope a (soon) day to see "ink-color-screen" tablet of REAL 8.5" x 11".
And to be able to do all what is possible with computer on this kind of tablet (use Internet, run software, and of course READ stuff more confortable than LCD or other "direct light" monitor.

hiruu

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
HP/M$ missed the boat, as the Slate needed to launch BEFORE the holiday season to start generating buzz to make it a top competitor to the Ipad...now, it's going to jsut be another late arrival. I can't believe M$ has just let this whole year sail by with no response to the Ipad...stupid.

crom

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007
I hate to say it, but unless HP's WebOS or Windows tablet can compete with the iPad, I'm going to be on the fence. From the demos I've seen of the Slate, it seems laggy and slow.

waikano

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
Axon Haptic, or the Lenovo Hybrid are the ones I am looking at. Really like the concept of the courier, but oh well, can't buy something that doesn't exist. This will lessen my load when going to meetings tremendously.

G

HP Slate Windows 7. Do not want to purchase a IPad, but they have to get their "doop in a scoop" if you know what I mean! Apple has made a laughing stock out of the competition, not that there is any to speak of at this point in the game.
Mr. I'm waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS