Plex App Now Available On Sony's PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altheran

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
To all of you still using XBMC and other DLNA based products. I strongly suggest you try PLEX, its just so awesome and simple to setup and make sharing outside your LAN easy daisy.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
EXCEPT ITS BEHIND A PAYWALL. So if you wanna use PLEX on your Xbox One or PS4, its gonna cost you $40 a year or a one time payment of $200. If you dont have any money, you cant use plex on any of the consoles. it won't let you until you pay.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
Plex is awesome. I was hesitant about getting a Plex Pass at first but I recently signed up for the Lifetime membership and it was worth it for me. I have Plex on my media server at home and I made Guest accounts for some friends and family so they're able to sign in and stream media. Having a Plex Pass means that all the apps are free on whatever platform they want to stream to (except iOS, that app is $5 still).

I got the Lifetime membership when it was only $75. They recently doubled it to $150 which is a tougher pill to swallow but if you're sharing your library with others it's not so bad if they're willing to pitch in a few bucks. The monthly membership at $5 is good if you just want to try out the features of Plex Pass and the yearly membership is still a great deal at $40 (less than the cost of 6 months of Netflix).

wolf39us

Reputable
Dec 21, 2014
Plex is awesome. I already have a media-pc setup on my computer though and it doesn't cost me anything per year, so I'd prefer the full desktop app.

Status
Not open for further replies.