Plex firmware- ? version

Klasnt

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2001
Anyone have any idea how to find out what version my firmware is on my Ultraplex 40 Max ?

I found my Plexwriter's by looking in EZ CD Creator.

Thanks

G

You don't mention which OS you're running. In 9x you can go to Control Panel -> System -> CDRom and right click your cdrom. Pick properties and the firmware version should be right there.

G

The SCSI card usually details the BIOS revision during the drive polling stage.

You can also get details via Windows Device Manager (I believe this was stated).

Klasnt

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2001
Ahh here's the rub, I started with a clean HD, installed DOS and then W98. During the DOS install I used Adaptec's find the SCSI devices and add them to autoexec and config thing, thus negating a need to install anything from Plextor. W98 picked up on the fact that I had a SCSI CD and CDR and accepted them.
I later had to inform W98 that I have SCSI CD and CDR's but it never asked for a driver install for the CD. As far as 98 goes it's happy just knowing I have a SCSI CD installed. It doesn't give a [-peep-] as to what brand. I'm assuming that if I install some sort of Plextor driver it will give me the version for the firmware in the CD, but I was hoping there was some tiny file I could get that would search the version for me.
Nowhere, and I mean nowhere, can I find the version in any reportable agent that looks into installed hardware via 98.
So I thank the posts telling me I can find it in device manager, BIOS etc. but nope theuy don't show the deal. I had thought of that from the beginning.

G

When I installed my plextor 8/20 and plextor 40x cdrom, I never needed to install a driver. I also never needed to mess with the the "autoexec and config thing" (dunno what you mean by that.)

What does device manager actually say when you right click on the drive and go to properties? What does it say your drive is called? My 40x and 8/20 are PLEXTOR CD-ROM PX-40TS and PLEXTOR CD-R PX-R820T respectively.

TRENDING THREADS