Plextor M6V SSD Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I still have my B940 that I use for backups and as long as that still works I will continue to use it.

CRamseyer

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2015
When Plextor handed over burner manufacturing to LiteOn things went down hill. You could buy the same model with LiteOn branding and flash it to the Plextor firmware and same a few dollars. I still have all of my Plextor hardware going back to the old SCSI 50-pin units.

Remember bit to bit copying that would write the copy protection to the new media?

Quixit, I get that. It is just me reminiscing about the good ol days.

I do. Was one of the things that made Plextor great, as well as their very fast burning speeds. They were able to burn more reliably at higher speeds than the competition which is what made them truly great.

It is too bad that their new field is not the same, I would buy a Samsung Evo or Intel SSD over this any day.

qlum

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2013
We use quite a decent amount of them at work as the 120gb ones are quite cheap and at their price you otherwise only get old low end models you generally don't want.

kalmquist

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
I agree that the M6V is too expensive. (As I write this, the 256GB model is $97 on Amazon.). The 240GB Sandisk Extreme Pro, which outperforms most other SATA SSD's at high queue depths and has a 10 year warranty, is now $95 on several sites (including Amazon). The 256GB Mushkin Reactor, which uses the same controller as the M6V, is selling for $80 on Newegg, and that's high because the 250GB Samsung 850 EVO is selling for $78.

Nintendork

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
For consumer grade use, high queu depths means nothing, most the use as an OS-gaming drive revolves around QD 1-4.

The 850EVOs offer twice the total written capacity (and it can be more than that).

mapesdhs

Distinguished
Yet another pointlessly expensive lesser grade SSD. The 256GB M6V is 81 UKP here, whereas the 850 EVO 250GB is less than 60. Why on earth would anyone buy an M6V?

Ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS