[SOLVED] PLS HALP! PC keeps getting BSOD.

Aug 13, 2019
I just bought a new prebuilt PC and it keeps gettign blue screens. I would post the error codes butI feel it would be pointless considering it's crashed like a hundred times with a different message each time. My first idea was to unplug and replug in all of the hardware. This didn't help at all. I then reset the CMOS... Still nothing. I can't update the security for some reason nor can I download some apps like Discord ( when I try to download Discord it says running security can then says that the download failed). I ran a memtest because all of the error codes that came up were said to be due to files being read incorrectly because of a memory problem. I've also tried a bunch of different that I don't even remember at this point. If anyone has any ideas on what I should do or what the problem is pls halp. Also I'll answer any questions.

System specs:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 3.40 GHz
Memory 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz
Storage 240 GB SSD + 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB
Power Supply 600W

Solution
If you reinstalled windows then it doesn't matter, don't worry about it. Check the BIOS... are the cpu clocks at factory settings?

EDIT: If you reinstalled windows with a CD, it actually may be corrupt. First check the bios for the clock speeds of the cpu, then try the thumb drive windows install. You will have to have a 2nd pc to do this. Download Link

Yeah I tried resetting and reinstalling windows but not with a thumb drive. Not sure how to do that but I'm sure I can figure it out.

BlackHatPCs

Prominent
Nov 27, 2019
If you reinstalled windows then it doesn't matter, don't worry about it. Check the BIOS... are the cpu clocks at factory settings?

EDIT: If you reinstalled windows with a CD, it actually may be corrupt. First check the bios for the clock speeds of the cpu, then try the thumb drive windows install. You will have to have a 2nd pc to do this. Download Link

Yeah I tried resetting and reinstalling windows but not with a thumb drive. Not sure how to do that but I'm sure I can figure it out.

Solution

shivababbli

Distinguished
I just bought a new prebuilt PC and it keeps gettign blue screens. I would post the error codes butI feel it would be pointless considering it's crashed like a hundred times with a different message each time. My first idea was to unplug and replug in all of the hardware. This didn't help at all. I then reset the CMOS... Still nothing. I can't update the security for some reason nor can I download some apps like Discord ( when I try to download Discord it says running security can then says that the download failed). I ran a memtest because all of the error codes that came up were said to be due to files being read incorrectly because of a memory problem. I've also tried a bunch of different that I don't even remember at this point. If anyone has any ideas on what I should do or what the problem is pls halp. Also I'll answer any questions.

System specs:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 3.40 GHz
Memory 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz
Storage 240 GB SSD + 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB
Power Supply 600W
If you are getting different errors then it's a problem with ram... If you have 2 Rams then use 1 at a time and check for sometime

MasterMadBones

Distinguished
Check for BIOS updates on the system builder's support site. Early BIOS revisions for 1st gen Ryzen CPUs were notorious for poor memory support, which could result in the problems you reported. Memtest86 doesn't always detect errors because it's designed as a test for defective memory cells and not really as a test for the memory controller.

BlackHatPCs

Prominent
Nov 27, 2019
Check for BIOS updates on the system builder's support site. Early BIOS revisions for 1st gen Ryzen CPUs were notorious for poor memory support, which could result in the problems you reported. Memtest86 doesn't always detect errors because it's designed as a test for defective memory cells and not really as a test for the memory controller.

I second this.