Question [PLS HELP]External Hard drive Access denied [ Hard disk is not accessible ]

Nevis

Commendable
Jun 22, 2020
I recently used my external hard drive which I have not used in a year and gave me that error code Hard drive Access denied, I was able to fix it, get in the drive but now every folder and file needs a change in permission manually, is there a way that I can change all of it in one go? There's so many files in the hard drive that it will take me more than a day to change all the permissions. I really need help pls I have so many videos and photos, memories in this hard drive.

Nevis

Commendable
Jun 22, 2020
Can't take ownership of the drive?
I have already done that part where I was able to get inside again to the hard drive but then each file gives me "you do not have permission to access this file" notification then I have to do the whole process of how I acquired ownership/entry to the external

Nevis

Commendable
Jun 22, 2020
Can't take ownership of the drive?
What I did to regain access was delete all permission entries, then change ownership to authenticated users, after that I proceeded to add permissions to system, admin and authenticated users and allowed all permissions, I was able to access the drive but this didn't apply to other files, now I have to do this process again and again to each individual file

HerbertSherbet

Reputable
Nov 6, 2019
I'm having this same issue almost to a T. I can access some files and some folders but others show a size of zero and either don't let me in or let me in after I edit the security permissions. I'm dealing with a hard drive from a different computer that was on Windows 8.1 while I'm on Windows 10. Nothing is encrypted, I've just removed the drive from the computer and plugged it into my machine over USB 3.0.