Question pls help, freeeeze :( :(

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
when im playing doom eternal, my pc freezes and i have to press the restart button on my case
what do i do, this is annoying :(
pc
asus prime b450mk
ryzen 5 3400g 4.2ghz
hyperx fury rgb 16gb 8*2gb 3066mhz
vega 11 3gb 1500mhz
zalman wattbit 500w 83+ psu

why is it crashing plss :( :(

DeathHadArrived

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019
do i need alcohol?? cant i just wipe it with a tissue or a cloth?
its a relatively new thermal paste like 2 weeks old
you can use 70% alcohol or more. Anything less could have too much liquid. Also pro tip: Wait around 5 minutes for the alcohol to dry once you cleaned the top of the CPU. I suggest you buy 70% alcohol because of its versatility from cuts to cleaning and that it is cheap.

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
did you redo the thermal before testing?
omg why do i even need to change thermal paste after removing cooler and keeping it back , is 75-80c that hot to make the pc freeze and i have to shut it down from the case. worst thing is what if i get new thermal paste and i change it, what if it still does the same.
:( man this sucks pls try to help me

rgd1101

Don't
omg why do i even need to change thermal paste after removing cooler and keeping it back , is 75-80c that hot to make the pc freeze and i have to shut it down from the case. worst thing is what if i get new thermal paste and i change it, what if it still does the same.
:( man this sucks pls try to help me
we are trying, but you keep doing your own thing and not listening, why are you asking for help if you don't listen?

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
we are trying, but you keep doing your own thing and not listening, why are you asking for help if you don't listen?
ok i have access to hy510 thermal paste branded "halnziye". thats the only thermal paste i can buy. and i dont have alcohol, i dont think so i need as the thermla paste is like 2 weeks old and is still kind of fluid and easy to wipe off, i guess

TRENDING THREADS