PLS help me. This thing is driving me crazy.

maximilian4o

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
Hello guys. I have a big issue with my GPU. When I'm playing a game (battlefield 3), my game runs at AVG of 20FPS. While I'm in the game, I open the MSI afterburner, and I saw that my GPU usage what hovering at 25%. Im using a ASUS Radeon HD 7770 Direct CU. PLS help me. How do I fix the GPU usage issue ? :( :( :( :( :(

Just as I thought. CPU bottleneck. Could you open task manager, press "Show processes from all users", maximize the window, sort it by user name, screenshot it and upload it? Looks like you've got some extra processes running in the background which are crippling your performance.

photobucket or imageshack.us - use their forum code option!

http://photobucket.com/
http://imageshack.us/

OR -
type this:

Oh god you've got some nasty stuff running in the background. I can only suggest to reinstall windows. I doubt there's another easy way to get rid of all that stuff. You got 95 processes running. I have 56. That means there's so many things that's blocking your performance so it's now clear why you lag on that game.

maximilian4o

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
Anyway. Dont you guys get it. It is not about the processes. It is about the GPU. My GPU is working at 25% load. It should be working at 100%

It's because of processes. Look, your CPU is at 100%. That means it does not have enough time to give instructions what to do for GPU, thus why your GPU is as such low load: it doesn't have anything to do.

maximilian4o

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
I have like 200 GB of games on steam. If I re-install windows. I am going to have to download them a whole month. my internet speed is like 1 mb/s. :(

maximilian4o

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
I started up CCleaner. I went to the registry bar and scanned for issues. I had 219 issues for fixing. I fixed them. So could that be part of the problem ?

Then don't reformat. Just reinstall windows. It will not delete any files. All the files in the C: disk will remain. Though, it will rename windows folder to "Windows.old" which you will have to manually delete afterwards.