Pls help my computer randomly shut down and literally nothing is working and it wont turn back on again

thepolarpotato

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
My computer shut down yesterday, I replugged the cord that goes into the wall and then it worked, after a while it shut down and won’t turn on again. I smelled smoke before it shutdown both times. Idk Wut to do I don’t know much about computers, can someone please help?

Solution
Your power supply sounds like its dead. There are ways to see if ts still alive. You can look up videos on youtube (Paper clip method) to see if you have a dead power supply. After that buy a new one and plug everything back in.

If that doesn't work.... I would say that power supply might've shocked you components in PC.

keatingscool

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
Your power supply sounds like its dead. There are ways to see if ts still alive. You can look up videos on youtube (Paper clip method) to see if you have a dead power supply. After that buy a new one and plug everything back in.

If that doesn't work.... I would say that power supply might've shocked you components in PC.

Solution