Question XMP Profile Not Saving

Oct 17, 2019
My XMP Profile only works when I go to the bios and check the memory speeds if its set to 3200mhz, if i dont go to the bios when i boot my pc it only runs at default 1200mhz. How can i set it to automatically boot with 1600mhz everytime? My motherboard is GIGABYTE AORUS B450 PRO WIFI and my memory is T-FORCE NIGHTWAWK (2X8) 3200mhz.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Did you install the memory in the correct slots as stated by the motherboard manual?
Taken from the online QVL: Install the modules into DDR4_1, DDR4_2(the 2nd and 4th slots from the cpu cooler) for better compatibility.

Have you tried entering the frequency, primary timings, and voltage manually?

Oct 17, 2019
I was not the one who assembled my pc, I just paid at the store to get this assembled and the memorys are installed in DDR4_2 and DDR4_1 i think its right because they have a gap thats what i always see in youtube videos. My only problem is its not running on 1600mhz only 1200mhz when i just boot it without getting into the bios, but when I go to the bios 1st before booting windows it runs at 1600mhz. I just want it to run automatically at 1600mhz to maximize its performance pls help :(

Oct 17, 2019
I cant run my memory as 3200mhz only its default 2400 pls help.
74677119_389651721986551_631800087357423616_n.jpg

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

In particular what motherboard do you have and what is the current RAM configuration? E.g. 1 x 16 GB module?

And what are the specs for those RAM module(s)?

The primary source for RAM installation and configuration is the motherboard's User Guide/Manual.

Doublecheck two things: 1) That the installed RAM modules are fully supported by the motherboard, and 2) that you correctly installed and configured the RAM modules according to the User Guide/Manual.

Forego any overclocking until the system is up, running, and stable.

Oct 17, 2019

In particular what motherboard do you have and what is the current RAM configuration? E.g. 1 x 16 GB module?

The primary source for RAM installation and configuration is the motherboard's User Guide/Manual.

Doublecheck two things: 1) That the installed RAM modules are fully supported by the motherboard, and 2) that you correctly installed and configured the RAM modules according to the User Guide/Manual.

GIGABYTE AORUS B450 PRO WIFI
TEAM ELITE NIGHT HAWK 2X8 3200MHZ

When i go to the bios and set that up it runs 3200mhz but if i just boot it without getting into the bios it wont automatically run at 3200mhz instead itll run its default ram speed as 2400mhz plz help.

Oct 17, 2019

my cpu is RYZEN 5 3600X ,
mobo aorus b450 pro wifi ver. f41 7/22/19,
team elite night hawk 8x2 3200mhz
running on windows 10 home

Ralston18

Titan
After you change the timings in BIOS are you certain that the changes are fully saved before exiting BIOS?

And take very close look at what memory modules are supported by the motherboard and what timings/configurations are supported. Read the fine print in the motherboard's User Manual/Guide.