Plug in headset windows says its not plugged in

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramchand

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012
Hello,

Starting yesterday I have been having audio problems. Whenever I plug in my headset it says it is not played in and when i hover over the sound thing it says sound is coming from the speakers. However, I hear nothing from my speakers. Now when I unplug it says it has found the device and sound is now coming through it. Needless to say I hear no sound from it or my built in speakers. Any help on solving this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Solution

Whether the speakers or headset have sound, is purely a hardware issue, as when you plug in the jack, a circuit is broken to the speakers, and sound comes thru headset. Evidently the length of your metal contact you insert isn't exactly right. The mic problem, I have no idea.

Look in device manager for error code. Might even want to "roll back" the driver, unless it was uninstalled.

ramchand

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012
thanks for the info. Device manager says everything is working fine. I tried rolling back and i can hear from my speakers now. However my headset still gives my problems. If i plug it in all the way it is not detected but if i go half way in it is. Also i can't get both the mic and sound to work only one or the other.

Whether the speakers or headset have sound, is purely a hardware issue, as when you plug in the jack, a circuit is broken to the speakers, and sound comes thru headset. Evidently the length of your metal contact you insert isn't exactly right. The mic problem, I have no idea.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS