Plugged Ethernet cable but still bad connectivity.

Oct 4, 2018
I have just purchased a new cat7 Ethernet cable for my computer. The first time i plugged it in it worked fine, but the next day it isn't. I have been working for several days attempting to fix my internet connection. Is there anything i can do?

Oct 4, 2018

so far i have turned off the internet, tried console commands, disabled and enabled the Ethernet in the settings, unplugged and plugged the cable, switched modem inputs, checked for wire entanglements or holes and turned off the modem.

Ralston18

Titan
What was the original reason for purchasing the Cat 7 Ethernet cable?

Modem - make and model, router - make and model?

Who has admin rights to your network router?

You may need assistance from that person to check the router's configuration and error logs (if available and enabled).

Oct 4, 2018
Please allow me to clarify my situation. I purchased a new gaming PC, downloaded Fortnite, and initially tried to play it through our wifi connection. It was too slow to play. Every other game (e.g. World of Warships) works fine through the wifi with my PC. I also play Fortnite on our XBox through the wifi without any issues. My uncle suggested that I try to connect with an ethernet cable. I did that and was able to play Fortnite the first day using the ethernet cable without any issues. But now it is back to its original state of being too slow to play.

The modem is built into the CyberpowerPC. Bazooka?

The router is a German Fritzbox Fon WLAN 7360 (we are American living in Germany). Our internet service is through a cable bundle of TV, telephone, and internet all steaming through the cable. Having fewer other users does not noticeably improve the situation with my attempt to play Fortnite on the PC.

We aren't really on a network. Our house has only the single internet connection to the single Fritzbox router.

Ralston18

Titan
You have a private network.

Your ISP provides a connection to the internet and your Fritzbox router serves all the devices on your home network. One wired (your PC) and some wireless network devices (e.g., Xbox).

Does the following link provide the "User Manual"?

https://en.avm.de/fileadmin/user_upload/EN/Manuals/FRITZ_Box/Manual_FRITZBox_7360.pdf

Chapter 5 covers accessing the router. However, if a password has been established then whoever established that password will need to help check the router's configuration settings.

Chapter 10 addresses configuring the router.

The key is to ensure that your PC's wired Ethernet adapter is configured to match the router.

And be sure that you have disabled the wireless adapter on your PC. Only one network adapter (either wired or wireless) should be enabled.

After all these posts, i will don't know exactly what "bad connectivity" is? Slow response? video breaking? crash? The fact that it works for a while suggests ram-starved, ram-leak, throttle caused by temp... CPU/GPU maxing out? Other people streaming in the house?