Question Plugged in new RX590 and no video output. Windows doesn't detects it.

brianmoyano

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
Hi, i currently have my computer running with the following specs:

So, the thing is that i've got a Sapphire RX 590 8GB GDDR5 NITRO, and i plugged it in as a normal gpu. The thing is when it boots, it goes straight to windows, but i don't get any video out of the gpu. When i plug my hdmi to my onboard, i get video, but when i try to install the drivers, it says that it doesn't detect any amd graphics card.

I tried plug in the gpu with two different cables, one dedicated for the 6+2pin, and the other one for the 6 pin, but it still does the same. I also tried both pcie slots.
I also tried it in my friends computer and it worked. So i know the gpu works fine and now i'm thinking that the psu may not deliver enough power. As i said i'm running a Seasonic m12ii 620w and my friend is running a evga 600b 80 plus. So, if he can run it with 600w i'm thinking that i should be able to run it with my 620w, right? (I know that it's not exactly like that, but that was my first guess)

I don't know what else to try right now. Any help is really appreciated, thanks.

brianmoyano

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
Did you check for a newer BIOS from the vendor? If it's already at the latest may just be the motherboard does not support the newer video card, or possibly that specific model.
Yeah, just fixed it, it ended up being the motherboard didn't quite support it (old bios, lack of development, idk) but changed it to another LGA 1155 i had lying around in the office and it worked right away.

TRENDING THREADS