Plugged in, not charging after Aniv. Updt. Dell Inspiron 5559 laptop.

Suddenly my battery is not charging when I'm plugged in. Laptop is an 8 month old Dell Inspiron 15 5559.
-

The problem seems to've started when I installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update on 8/2/2016. Battery is at 81%, I'm plugged in but it's not charging. In an effort to resolve the problem I went to the Dell Power Manager and changed the setting from Adaptive to Custom, then set it to start charging when at or below 90% and stop charging at 99%, but that didn't help. I rebooted and checked again but again no help. Currently it's 81% charged.
-

I searched and have seen a lot of pre-AU posts, but none since 8/2/2016 so I'm posting here.
-
What can be done to resolve this? I have posted this on the Dell user forum also.

Solution
OK, problem resolved. I found a post (somewhere, don't remember where now) that said power down, remove the battery, wait 3 min., then put the battery back in and reboot. VOILA, problem fixed. It now says 10 min. to full charge.
Maybe you or somebody here knows why that would fix the problem, it sure mystifies me, but at least it works! :)
Go into windows device manager.

For your main Usb root port or hubs, or the Usb standard of port used from 2.0 to 3.0 usb ports on the laptop.
Right click and go to properties.

Click on the driver for the Usb root hub, or ports.
And check the driver version, and the date and time stamp of when the driver was installed.
If it co insides with the date when the windows 10 anniversary edition update was performed on your system.
Simply down load and install the usb driver, and the application that you sometimes get for the Usb 3.0 ports for enabling fast charging, or when to start charging the laptop battery based on the amount or charge level it has.

See if it resolves the problem, Wpgwpg.

It is possible that the windows 10 Anniversary update, installed a driver that is Microsoft certified, but does not work with the software that allows you to set and choose charging levels and options and apply them.

And why it is currently not working when you try to set them if using a installed bit of software to control it or set options.

Thanks for the quick feedback, Shaun O. I see the Intel USB 3 extensible root hub and USB root hub (xHCI) were updated 7/15/2016 with Microsoft drivers. That's just over two weeks prior to the Anniversary Update, so it's possible it could've started then and I just didn't notice it for a few weeks. Most of the time I'm plugged in, probably 98% of the time. I didn't know the battery uses a USB 3 interface, do you think these updates could've caused the problem?

OK, problem resolved. I found a post (somewhere, don't remember where now) that said power down, remove the battery, wait 3 min., then put the battery back in and reboot. VOILA, problem fixed. It now says 10 min. to full charge.
Maybe you or somebody here knows why that would fix the problem, it sure mystifies me, but at least it works! :)

Solution