Plugged in not charging

Manish_youth

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
Hello Sir..
My PC is facing a problem i.e "Plugged in, not charging". PC shutdown automatically after getting charged less than 30%. Then it charge only upto 70% . It charge only in shutdown mode. when I start PC then a message on bettary icon "Plugged in, not charging".
I have tried to troubleshoot my PC.
PC : HP 15 Notebook r0006tx
Experiment 1:
At first I updated all driver of PC from official website of HP. Issue couldn't be resolve.
Experiment 2:
I thought there is OS crupption issue. I have formatted but issue couldn't be resolve.
Experiment 3:
There might be bettary isuue I have removed battery and used PC directly on Main line. I am able to use system perfactly without any inconvience.This shows that there is no problem in mother board .
Then I have change the battery. but Same Issue occur "Plugged in, not charging". I have also check charging with another charger. But issue couldn't be resolve.
Experiment 4:
Then i gussed there may be a virus attacking issue. Then I have deleted all partition of hard disk and reinstalled windows_8.1 . But issue couldn't be resolve.
Now You suggest me what should I do to troubleshoot this issue according to your expriences without visiting Services Center.
I will very thankful to get your suggestion. Help me out , Please..!

Solution
Hey Manish,

First off, your troubleshooting has pretty effectively ruled out a software issue. I wouldn't invest any more time in formatting, drivers, or anything else within the O/S.

This could be firmware (BIOS related) but is unlikely. You could try loading in either newer or older BIOS versions from HP, but I think this is more likely hardware related.

Testing the use of the system without the battery doesn't really rule out a motherboard problem. There are specific components between your power adapter and the motherboard which make decisions about charging and using your battery. Disconnecting your battery "simplifies" these options for your motherboard, and simply tells it to use in-line power. My best guess is that there...

SixCoreFiend

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
Hey Manish,

First off, your troubleshooting has pretty effectively ruled out a software issue. I wouldn't invest any more time in formatting, drivers, or anything else within the O/S.

This could be firmware (BIOS related) but is unlikely. You could try loading in either newer or older BIOS versions from HP, but I think this is more likely hardware related.

Testing the use of the system without the battery doesn't really rule out a motherboard problem. There are specific components between your power adapter and the motherboard which make decisions about charging and using your battery. Disconnecting your battery "simplifies" these options for your motherboard, and simply tells it to use in-line power. My best guess is that there is a hardware issue in one of these components. If your laptop has a built in hardware diagnostic tool (activated prior to booting into windows) you can try running that, but they have limits on their effectiveness. You might not be able to diagnose a hardware problem in that area (or even rule it out) yourself.

Some potential options if you still want to try some things (I don't think these are going to work, but I can understand if you want to try anything)
- Update firmware on laptop
- Try power adapters rated for higher wattage (HP has a lot of adapters with the same pin out that range from 45-85 watts, you might find better like with an adapter rated higher. There's a risk associated with using a higher wattage adapter, but honestly I've mixed and matched tons within the HP family and never had anything bad happen)
- If the power-port on the motherboard is removable (attached with a screw) you can try replacing that one part and see if that's the culprit.

Solution