[SOLVED] Plugged laptop charger in ethernet port

ToastDisaster

Prominent
Feb 14, 2022
Accidentally plugged laptop charger in ethernet port because I was in a rush, also I connected the power cord to a wall with no ground (in a Cafe), will my laptop be fine?

Solution
Accidentally plugged laptop charger in ethernet port because I was in a rush, also I connected the power cord to a wall with no ground (in a Cafe), will my laptop be fine?
I would have thought it unlikely the part of the connector carrying power ever made contact with the Ethernet port.

The lack of a ground in the power outlet is more of a concern. My advice would be to be cautious where you plug yourself in.

If the laptop is working normally then it's unlikely you've done any damage. If the Ethernet port is still showing on the device manager without issue then I would say you've actually connected nothing.
I would have thought it unlikely the part of the connector carrying power ever made contact with the Ethernet port.

The lack of a ground in the power outlet is more of a concern. My advice would be to be cautious where you plug yourself in.

If the laptop is working normally then it's unlikely you've done any damage. If the Ethernet port is still showing on the device manager without issue then I would say you've actually connected nothing.

Solution