Pluggin the mouse shuts down the computer, stops the POST and blocks other peripherals

ztkgaminggroup

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
Hello, recently I built a new PC, it is running smoothly and I got lucky being my first build, but there is a small problem with it my mouse which is a Razer Black Mamba TE is not working properly with the computer, the part of not working being that when I connect it to the motherboard it shuts off the pc and the restarts it, in the 2.0 ports it blocks completely the power form the pc not even letting it turn on, also in some cases where is connect the mouse when the pc is off it won't let even POST or if it does then my other peripherals won't turn on, right now I'm getting desperate, so should I get a new mice or a mobo since one of them can be the source of the problem. Here is a list of my components

-Mobo: GIGABYTE B250M-DS3H
-PSU: EVGA 600w 80+ white
-CPU: Intel Core i5-7500
-Memory: TIMETEC Hynix IC 8gb DDR4 2400MHz

(Peripherals)
-Keyboard: MechanicalEagle z-88
-Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1
-Mouse: Razer Blackmamba Tournament Edition

Solution
Well if another peripheral works fine in the same USB port the mouse was plugged into then I would think the mouse is causing it, I don't see how the motherboard would have anything to do with it.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Is the mouse new? Is there any noticeable damage to the wire or anything? It sounds like the mouse is causing a short and the power supply or motherboard is triggering a shutdown as to not damage anything. No problems with any other peripherals? Do you have another mouse you can try?

If my theory is correct I would stop trying to use that mouse.

ztkgaminggroup

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
The mouse it will be 2 years old, with noticiable damage what do you mean really, the mouse itself is not damaged, the wire doesn't look has perfect as it was new but, before I tried using it in the computer it work prefectly fine in a laptop for a long time. I tried using other mice but most of them were wireless (old logitech m230 and another mini one), they both work perfectly.

TRENDING THREADS