[SOLVED] Plugging 2x8GB RAM sticks doesn't boot anymore

Jan 16, 2021
Hello!
I've built my pc about a month ago, it was working "fine", just one problem that I'm still actually checking (sometimes a green screen appeared, but I'm testing with a new HDMI cable)
Few days ago my computer crashed, setting lit on the troubleshooting the DRAM led. I tried restarting, and everything seemed solved.
The following day I opened some games, and it happened again: crashed, DRAM led lit, restarting and led off, until last time where I was able to use it for five mins before the led was always lit, no matter how many times I restarted.
I've tried cleaning the RAM slots, playing with each stick (they both work), using the latest bios update (it's the beta one), and still, whenever I try to plug both, it won't boot.
As I bought two sticks, and they both work(ed) properly, I'd like to use them simultaneously x)
I'm using the following components:

MOTHERBOARD: B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB x 2 (cmk16GX4M2B3200C16)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: AMD Radeon 5600 xt
PSU: TX6550M (80+ gold)

I really have no clue what could it be, plus I'm new to computer world. Hope you guys can help me ^^'

Last edited:
Solution
Interesting that two sticks worked as it is not memory on the QVL compatibility list (click compatibility on the left and then choose the button that says memory by RX-3X00) for your board. I would contact Corsair tech support to see if they have any suggested settings or will exchange the pair.

They may both run if you set the speed to 2133MHz, as that is their base frequency.

RealBeast

Titan
Interesting that two sticks worked as it is not memory on the QVL compatibility list (click compatibility on the left and then choose the button that says memory by RX-3X00) for your board. I would contact Corsair tech support to see if they have any suggested settings or will exchange the pair.

They may both run if you set the speed to 2133MHz, as that is their base frequency.

Solution