Question Plugging and unplugging the power cord from a power supply

Jun 12, 2019
Hello!
There is something happening with the power cord from my PSU (RM850X Corsair). When I need to plug it in, it requires some force to get it all the way in. Beacause of that, the back of the PSU tends to bend a little when I plug in the power cord.
However, when I unplug it, it also requires a little bit more force, because of the way it goes in.
I did unplug it and plug it back in for a couple of times, and fortunately/unfortunately it still is as snug as it was at the beginning when I had first plugged it in.
Could the plugging and unplugging have caused any issues to it, or damage its back due to that slight bend when plugging the power cord in?
Thank you!

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
that end of the cable is not meant for constant insertion/removal.
if you need to constantly remove power unplug the other end of the cord, the end designed for multiple insertion/removals, the end at the wall.

plug the cord into the power supply and unplug the other end.
barring that a small power strip with a switch will serve the same purpose without all the wear on delicate parts

Jun 12, 2019
that end of the cable is not meant for constant insertion/removal.
if you need to constantly remove power unplug the other end of the cord, the end designed for multiple insertion/removals, the end at the wall.

plug the cord into the power supply and unplug the other end.
barring that a small power strip with a switch will serve the same purpose without all the wear on delicate parts
So do you think I caused any damage?

RainingTacco

Prominent
Sep 21, 2019
Hello!
There is something happening with the power cord from my PSU (RM850X Corsair). When I need to plug it in, it requires some force to get it all the way in. Beacause of that, the back of the PSU tends to bend a little when I plug in the power cord.
However, when I unplug it, it also requires a little bit more force, because of the way it goes in.
I did unplug it and plug it back in for a couple of times, and fortunately/unfortunately it still is as snug as it was at the beginning when I had first plugged it in.
Could the plugging and unplugging have caused any issues to it, or damage its back due to that slight bend when plugging the power cord in?
Thank you!
Ive moved my PC like 100 times, each time unplugging the cord from PSU[some CX corsair series] and never had any problem. Maybe send a message to corsair support and ask them if such operation can cause any problem. Im sure they will respond.

Jun 12, 2019
Ive moved my PC like 100 times, each time unplugging the cord from PSU[some CX corsair series] and never had any problem. Maybe send a message to corsair support and ask them if such operation can cause any problem. Im sure they will respond.
[/QUOTE
That's good to know.
Thanks!