[SOLVED] Plugging in Samsung USB Flash Drive disables the wireless dongle ?

Feb 25, 2022
Hello,

i have an Asus Tuf Gaming Z690-Plus Wifi D4, and when i connect both the USB "Samsung BAR Plus 256GB" and any wireless dongle on the same line of USB, the dongle will like "disable" or "stop working", i have 6 wireless dongle, because on home we are 4 and 2 more for TV.

but if i do this with any other usb storage connected the same way the dongle will work normally.

Windows Device manager and Linux Logs did not show any alert about this.

Help pls.

i want to debug if is the MB or the USB, i have laptops but none of this happen there.

Edit----------
The dongle wireless are for Mouse and Keyboard

Machine:

Asus Tuf Gaming Z690-Plus Wifi D4
i7-12700k
PSU: Corsair HX750

Last edited:
Hello,

i have an Asus Tuf Gaming Z690-Plus Wifi D4, and when i connect both the USB "Samsung BAR Plus 256GB" and any wireless dongle on the same line of USB, the dongle will like "disable" or "stop working", i have 6 wireless dongle, because on home we are 4 and 2 more for TV.

but if i do this with any other usb storage connected the same way the dongle will work normally.

Windows Device manager and Linux Logs did not show any alert about this.

Help pls.

i want to debug if is the MB or the USB, i have laptops but none of this happen there.
Are you using some kind of USB hub to connect all or some devices to one USB port in PC ?
If so, they share power and data bandwidth of that one USB port so adding one more device may exceed it's potential.
If not, total of USB devices may exceed capacity of whole USB controller.

Feb 25, 2022
Are you using some kind of USB hub to connect all or some devices to one USB port in PC ?
If so, they share power and data bandwidth of that one USB port so adding one more device may exceed it's potential.
If not, total of USB devices may exceed capacity of whole USB controller.
Hello, thanks for the reply.

I am not using USB hub, i am only connecting the USB on motherboard and Case USB ports.

A friend told me that maybe is a bad design or manufacturing of the Samsung USB and is creating a little electromagnetic field that it will interfere with the Wireless Dongle.

When connecting on the Front USB panel it work the dongle with the Samsung USB but with "interference", because work slow and have lag input.

dDpI5Bp.jpg

GW9MvJ5.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2022
what do you mean?

Might need to use a powered USB hub. it could be the added draw of running a USB drive that can run as fast as that one. I have same USB drive.

OS might not see it if it happens at a BIOS lvl.

why 6 dongles when you have WIFI on mb as well?

My Machine is:

Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus Wifi D4
i7-12700k
Corsair HX750

i think is not power issue, because if i connect on the front panel both the dongle and the Samsung USB.

the dongle will work like something it interfering it, slow and lag input.

note i connect other high end speed kingston USB storage and not

what do you mean?

i mean if i connect in pair port like the image, the dongle will stop working or it have interference.

the dongle wireless is for keyboard and mouse (edited on the post)
dDpI5Bp.jpg
View: https://i.imgur.com/GW9MvJ5.jpg
GW9MvJ5.jpg

Hello, thanks for the reply.

I am not using USB hub, i am only connecting the USB on motherboard and Case USB ports.

A friend told me that maybe is a bad design or manufacturing of the Samsung USB and is creating a little electromagnetic field that it will interfere with the Wireless Dongle.

When connecting on the Front USB panel it work the dongle with the Samsung USB but with "interference", because work slow and have lag input.

dDpI5Bp.jpg

GW9MvJ5.jpg
Any other flash drive that behaves like that ? It seems incredible that it ca interfere with WiFi dongles like that when Wifi has pretty powerful radio at 2.5 or 5GHz.