Question Plugging in the "TXM/HX/ AXI Only" cable and booting computer causes several crashes

May 23, 2019
I have an issue where my PC at random times, inconsistently instantly crashes with every component losing power. Turns out the problem comes from a damaged port in the PSU, or a damaged cable. When I hold in the 'Test' button on the PSU, every component lights up but immediately dies after a second or so. If I then detach the "TXM/HX/ AXI Only" and hold the 'Test' button, everything boots normally as it should and nothing crashes.

Is this a sign the port is broken and I need a new PSU, or should I order a new cable and see if it works?

I have an issue where my PC at random times, inconsistently instantly crashes with every component losing power. Turns out the problem comes from a damaged port in the PSU, or a damaged cable. When I hold in the 'Test' button on the PSU, every component lights up but immediately dies after a second or so. If I then detach the "TXM/HX/ AXI Only" and hold the 'Test' button, everything boots normally as it should and nothing crashes.

Is this a sign the port is broken and I need a new PSU, or should I order a new cable and see if it works?

What PSU?

Is this a cable that came with that PSU?

Which cable? SATA, PCIe, EPS12V, Molex.... ????

"TXM/HX/AXI" is what Corsair used to put on the PSU side of their older PSUs (now they say either "Type 3" or "Type 4") but that doesn't differentiate what the connector is on the other side.

May 23, 2019
That looks like a SATA power cable. What are you trying to power with that cable?
What PSU?

Is this a cable that came with that PSU?

Which cable? SATA, PCIe, EPS12V, Molex.... ????

"TXM/HX/AXI" is what Corsair used to put on the PSU side of their older PSUs (now they say either "Type 3" or "Type 4") but that doesn't differentiate what the connector is on the other side.
It's a PCIe cable, goes to my graphics card.

The PSU is a Corsair AX860i