[SOLVED] Plugging two AIOs into one AIO Pump Header

Aethosity1

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2014
Hi there,

I have recently upgraded my system by water cooling my GPU, using the NZXT G12 with an NZXT Kraken x62, and watercooling my CPU with a ROG Ryuo 120mm. I have the Kraken plugged into the AIO Pump Header and the Ryuo plugged into the CPU Fan Header. Everything is working fine from a hardware point of view.

My problem is that the software associated with the Ryuo doesnt detect it at all. I was looking around online and found that it seems to work when plugged into the AIO Header, but the NZXT cooler needs to be plugged into the same header. Would a splitter solve my issue, or would having two coolers plugged into the same header overload the header?

Solution
It wouldn't work.
In a splitter, all of the secondary connectors have the 'communicator' socket removed. Only the one connected to the main header can send signals back and forth to the motherboard.

Aethosity1

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2014
Ahh that's a shame :( any solutions to the problem that you can think of? I've just noticed that the connector for the GPU AIO is a 3 pin, and the one for the CPU is a 4 pin if that makes any difference

Aethosity1

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2014
I would, but I don't need to edit the fan curve on the CPU AIO, I need to control the OLED display on the faceplate. I have ordered an extender cable for the GPU AIO and I'm going to try and swap the headers. I don't think the GPU AIO will continue to work, but I can only hope :')

Aethosity1

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2014
The problem turned out to be that I was using an internal USB 2.0 hub, as I had run out of headers, so the motherboard didn't pick it up as its own independent piece of hardware

Aethosity1

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2014
It does! But now I want to control the fan curve on the NZXT AIO and make it respond to the GPU temp, but it isn't being sensed by the CAM software for the same reason the CPU AIO wasn't being picked up. Long story short I'm going to have to replace my brand new internal WiFi adapter with an external one to free up one of those 2.0 headers :|